How do I make 'via' points waypoints?

Droopy Dick

Reaction score
OK. Planned a decent route for some chaps at the weekend.

Used the right click|start point to begin, and then right-clicked my way around the map. Transferred the result to my 2610.

But, on three occasions when we wanders off route, the nice female voice told me, than then I was getting error messages that simply stopped the route. If I pushed the 'Route' key and then 'Resume Route' all was well.

But ever point that I thought was a waypoint turned out to be a via point. And this, I think is what was tripping the machine up.

So, how do I force waypoints?

I ask because when I altered a few on th route when doing the planning, all I was offered was a 'delete' waypoint' option in the list of options. No mention of via points at all.

im sure there's a sticky supplied by whatton at the start of the gps section:thumb2

Yes. And it was a tad opaque to me. I read it a few times and it didn't make sense in as far as I don't want to name hundreds of waypoints and then make up the route. I was hoping to be able to do it 'on the fly' as I mark the junctions I need.

Via points - made using the route tool when you touch a road etc. Not shown in the list of "waypoints".

Waypoints - made using the waypoint tool. May become via points if you touch them when the route tool is active. Are listed in the "waypoint" listing.

BTW don't have via / way points on a junction, try just after ;)

BTW don't have via / way points on a junction, try just after ;)
And similarly, getting through towns; Just drop a point on the road you want to take out of it and let Mapsource sort out the rest. That's unless there's somewhere specific you want to visit or know for a fact that MS is making a bum call.

OK. Planned a decent route for some chaps at the weekend.

Used the right click|start point to begin, and then right-clicked my way around the map. Transferred the result to my 2610.

But, on three occasions when we wanders off route, the nice female voice told me, than then I was getting error messages that simply stopped the route. If I pushed the 'Route' key and then 'Resume Route' all was well.

But ever point that I thought was a waypoint turned out to be a via point. And this, I think is what was tripping the machine up.

So, how do I force waypoints?

I ask because when I altered a few on th route when doing the planning, all I was offered was a 'delete' waypoint' option in the list of options. No mention of via points at all.

Can anyone tell me if that will happen with my Zumo? Just feeling all clever with myself for planning a route in exactly the same way as described, now anticipating same problem. Is there a 'resume route' button on the Zumo?

JDH

Can anyone tell me if that will happen with my Zumo? Just feeling all clever with myself for planning a route in exactly the same way as described, now anticipating same problem. Is there a 'resume route' button on the Zumo?

JDH

Probably, try going to the routes list page, and ask the sat nav to use it.

Back
Top Bottom