slime

bumpmuncher

Reaction score
anyone use it? got the tyre inflator for my birthday and got some of the liquid stuff aswell. worth using or is it going to try to kill me with stability issues. cheers Bm

cheers kenny, dont care about tyre fitters getting upset about a bit of water soluble tyre gunge. my biggest concern is about stability. i regualy carry bit of weight that causes problems at speed so dont realy want anything else in the equation to make me wobble :nono Bm

If you're really thorough about checking maintenance items like tyres, it'll probably be fine. If you're more happy-go-lucky, then maybe not.

I used Slime for one set of tyres, and never had a problem with tyre fitters or stability (VFR 750), but to be honest I'd rather know when I've got a problem with my tyre than be riding around blissfully unaware.

Regarding the tyre fitter comments - is it Slime that they don't like, or the emergency squirt-in latex stuff. I'm sure that would be a right faff to clear up.

cheers tobermory dont think tyre fitters know the diference inbetween the latex and this but yes they hate the latex. was hoping the stuffs luminous green colour would show up to indicate a problem (or is that my imagination) i hope it will ease my paranoia about riding through derilict industrial sites and dock yards 100s of miles from home Bm

cheers tobermory dont think tyre fitters know the diference inbetween the latex and this but yes they hate the latex. was hoping the stuffs luminous green colour would show up to indicate a problem (or is that my imagination) i hope it will ease my paranoia about riding through derilict industrial sites and dock yards 100s of miles from home Bm

What kind of "Slime" is it. Is that the name? I know that Ultraseal is a luminous green and is highly recommended by Mike Fishwick the BMW club technical guru. I believe there have been various opinions on this site but I think overall the opinions were favourable. In the event of a puncture I understand that the stuff comes out through the tyre as a purple dot.
No doubt someone else will have a definitive answer

yes its the slime tire sealant (yellow label) for tubeless. its green. suppose there is only one way to know if i like it. think i will wait a few days to see if there are any more comments cheers Bm

yes i know its tyre flippin septics

I dunno about Slime, but I've done many a thousand miles with Ultraseal in the tyres on various bikes with no adverse effect on stability or anything that I can tell. I wouldn't be without it - to my mind the consequences of a puncture or blowout at speed are potentially catastrophic and anything that might prevent or at least slow it down has got to be worth doing.

In my experience tyre fitters are fine with it if you warn them it's in there.

I dunno about Slime, but I've done many a thousand miles with Ultraseal in the tyres on various bikes with no adverse effect on stability or anything that I can tell. I wouldn't be without it - to my mind the consequences of a puncture or blowout at speed are potentially catastrophic and anything that might prevent or at least slow it down has got to be worth doing.

In my experience tyre fitters are fine with it if you warn them it's in there.

I agree entirely.

All four of my bikes have Ultraseal fitted and I have never had a problem.

I usually attach a label warning the tyre fitter when taking a loose wheel in for a tyre swap - no complaints.

Bob.

its in after having to remove the tube that was in the front and having new valves put in. wasnt asked about tube when i had new tyres :blast and both valves were a bit leaky :thedummy so after having a word or two with the tyre fitter all was sorted. i can say that after getting rid of the tube it feels a lot more stable than it was and its got the slime in :thumb thanks for the input every one Bm

Back
Top Bottom