zumo

wedgie

Reaction score
help has anyone got any idea on how to get my zumo 550 up and going again i am currently in berlin and the dam thing apears to have died on me it does not want to switch on :thedummy
less than 2 weeks old first trip into europe and im having to buy maps as the directions from the hotel to hotel were wrong by 20 miles:spitfire
any ideas would be helpfull:thumb2

Hi, look at zumoforums.com for help. This seems to be a common problem.

Mine did it the day after I bought it! Removing and reinstalling the battery worked for me. A very small allen screw holds it in.

In the manual it suggests holding the power button and then presssing the + button. Or try pressing both at once?

Not had mine long so cant suggest anything else.

Stuart.:thumb2

Sounds like this is a common problem!
Just got back from a trip to Belgium/France and had exactly the same happen to me, - luckily on the last day. - Couldn't get it running again while away, but the it looks as if the battery had gone completely dead. It wouldn't charge from the bike mount.. Got home, removed the battery and all it would do was blink the 'zumo' splash screen for a second before dying again. Powered up from the mains ok, a good overnight charge via the mains has fixed it. - I'll take the right size allen key away with me next time so I can reset the battery.

I've got an SD card in it, maybe that's draining it??

help has anyone got any idea on how to get my zumo 550 up and going again i am currently in berlin and the dam thing apears to have died on me it does not want to switch on :thedummy
less than 2 weeks old first trip into europe and im having to buy maps as the directions from the hotel to hotel were wrong by 20 miles:spitfire
any ideas would be helpfull:thumb2

Hi wedegie I have had the same problem with two zumos they have been replaced under warranty.the second has now done the same thing just two days later I have tried the battery but had no luck.The dealer has told me this is a common fault and he has had about twenty sent back to garmin.:confused::spitfire

just got home found out that the problem was water ingress shorting out the battery:eek:
after surching for an allenkey the right size in prage when i took the battery out it was wet through:eek::blast:blast:blast
so be warned always take the allenkey with you and some bog roll of the rather absorbant type:rob
and a ps to garmin ithought this thing was supposed to be waterproof:spitfire
:thumbthanks for the replys one and all :thumb
as i still havenot had a reply off garmin yet:spitfire

and a ps to garmin ithought this thing was supposed to be waterproof

Thought that too! Looking at the exposed SD slot under the flap, I wouldn't fancy chucking mine in a bucket of water for half an hour, or whatever the claimed IPX7 waterproof rating is:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom