hiya

dovetailwilly

Ok, so I very nearly plunked down the cash for an '07 GS today. Here in Canada, (Vancouver) especially the west coast, as the traditional season is winding down, I feel the need to get back at it. I was riding an SV 650 4 yrs ago and binned it, suffering 2 badly broken wrists and a concussion. Luckily, that was all. Anyway, it's taken this long to even consider a purchase of anything with a motor between 2 wheels. Coming back from a hike in Whistler 3 weeks ago, I saw this yellow 'beak' come bouncing out of a trail just off the main road. Hmmm... that looks like fun. So here I am. I have test ridden the 1200GS, and 650 Dakar. Geting back on the bike was gut wrenching this morning, but it all went well. I know I can do it again, probably safer than before. So where does that leave me? Pondering the deal, as the dealer is 'unable' to move on the bike price, but will 'throw in' some gear (jacket, crash bars gloves, maybe something else small). Financing looks pretty good, and I plan on riding through the winter (only above freezing temps). It's a sweet ride, and I want a yellow 'beak'!!

By the way, the name is Bill, and I spent 11 months in Scotland back in 2002/2003. Fabulous country, I want to come back....

By the way, the name is Bill, and I spent 11 months in Scotland back in 2002/2003. Fabulous country, I want to come back....

You'd be more than welcome here again....:thumb

Hope you back on your own two wheels soon....;)

Ok, so I very nearly plunked down the cash for an '07 GS today. Here in Canada, (Vancouver) especially the west coast, as the traditional season is winding down, I feel the need to get back at it. I was riding an SV 650 4 yrs ago and binned it, suffering 2 badly broken wrists and a concussion. Luckily, that was all. Anyway, it's taken this long to even consider a purchase of anything with a motor between 2 wheels. Coming back from a hike in Whistler 3 weeks ago, I saw this yellow 'beak' come bouncing out of a trail just off the main road. Hmmm... that looks like fun. So here I am. I have test ridden the 1200GS, and 650 Dakar. Geting back on the bike was gut wrenching this morning, but it all went well. I know I can do it again, probably safer than before. So where does that leave me? Pondering the deal, as the dealer is 'unable' to move on the bike price, but will 'throw in' some gear (jacket, crash bars gloves, maybe something else small). Financing looks pretty good, and I plan on riding through the winter (only above freezing temps). It's a sweet ride, and I want a yellow 'beak'!!

Hello Bill, Welcome to the forum, its good to have you with us.

Hard isnt it when you've had a fall from the bike ... its quite frightening to climb back on board and pretend all is ok. The first ride post an accident is always a very daunting one ... it sounds like you've already made up your mind to me. Go for the yellow 'beak'. :)

Anyway good luck with with whatever you decide to purchase, ride safe, have fun and keep posting in the forum. Its always good to hear new virtual voices in amongst the regulars.

:)

G'day Dovetail...

I do a Heck of a lot of Rider Training, Road/ Race ...so?
Get you and your New Gs along to a local Ride Day/Track Day have a quiet chat to someone like me. I'm have total Respect for the "Returned to Riders". Also I like them to ask.
Bm is a very safe bike. Mate the only part in Question is from the Hand Grips back?
You Ride well. I might drop over and have a cuppa one day?? Canada, 2nd greatest place for Gs ers !! BIGJim
P.s Bloody great youve Returned.

Thanks for the welcome and the kind words. I am checking out another BMW dealer tommorrow, and will try another test ride, but in all honesty, I think my mind is already made up. There are two local dealers around town, so I just want to get a feel for who will provide the best post purchase support. We have a 3 year warranty and 3 years roadside assistance (good in Canada and the USA) from BMW Canada. A nice plus.

bill

Back
Top Bottom