'ello...

Dragon Master

Reaction score
Hi Guys, 'bout time I did this, I've been here since May...

OK, my name's Dave, I live in the lakes, and I've got an 1100, 1995 model, we think, 'cos it was originally a German market machine. I'd wanted one for years, but they were going for 6-7 grand in the shops, which would have stretched the budget a bit far. Then this one came up in MCN, five years old, 12,500 miles, £4,500. I nearly bit the guy's hand off. And if the guy from Malton that I bought it off reads this, Yep, I've still got it! :D

What do I think of it? Well, in thirty years of biking, including such as KH250, Z900, FJ1200, the GS, which replaced the FJ, is the best bike I've had. I've had it seven years, and it's the first bike I've had that I can't think of a reason for getting rid of. OK, I can, I fancy a 1200 GSA, but the bank manager has other ideas.

It's my only transport, so has been used nearly every day, the ones it hasn't are the (relatively) few when I have had problems with it. Nothing major except the requirement for a replacement gearbox after six months, but that was entirely my fault for being a prat. I use it for everything from commuting to work (all of a mile, I'm a lazy git!) to my annual 'August Bank Holiday silly run', which this year, once again, was a day trip to the Slighachan hotel for a coffee. It's going to take me on a four week wander to North Cape and back next year.

Right, talking of that gearbox replacement, I've got a question to ask, so I'm off to the tech pages, then I fancy a quick :beer:or three.

Cheers,

Dave.

welcome dave.
got any mint cake:D;)[sorry i had to]:blast
another 1100 owner:bow
what a great place to live with such great roads all around[lucky git]:thumb

welcome to the site Dave.....nice bit of the world you have to do your biking....hope you enjoy the site

happy biking :thumb

Back
Top Bottom