Autocom & motorola V3 phone - volume problems

brookes745

Hi guys

Just fitted an autocom kit 200 with my GPS, i-pod and Motorola V3 phone all connected.

The problem I am having is with the volume on the phone. It is connected with the approved special lead (1257), set to auto answer and the phone and autocom volume cranked up to max. During a call the volume is very low, although the person on the other end can hear me clearly and the side tone on the microphone is loud enough. The GPS and i-pod work fine with excellent clear sound.

The level of sound is similar to when you are listening to the i-pod and you trigger the microphone and the volume drops to 50%. Does any one know what the little button on the 1257 lead does and could that be the problem?

Any thoughts before I ring my dealer and make an arse of myself because its something really obvious. :confused:

The problem will be either be down to a faulty phone adaptor, phone lead or worse case the phone itself. V3's are a very common phones with us and we have never heard of any low volum issues, the only problem is no ringing thru the headset which is a shame.

Where did you buy the part 1257 from? If from us direct give us a call and we could sort a replacement adaptor and lead out for you for you to try to see if they help.

If not it would be down the phone as I have said, the next step would be to send us your Active Plus back and we could modify the main circiut board for you that will increase the phone line but not effect your music or speech levels.

Rich :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom