Garmin and Macs

• Thread starter Deleted account W
  • Start date
Actually Garmin are getting closer to this working natively. There's a few beta quality apps available to download that allow you to convert your windows maps to a format suitable for squirting down to the device...

http://garmin.blogs.com/my_weblog/2007/08/chets-corner-mo.html

My quest is on an older rev of the device firmware that throws a USB violation error when connected, so I'll need to take it into work tomorrow and update the firmware before giving the above a spin.

Just put Quest 4.0 on, which includes 'mac usb support'. I'll give the native map loader a whirl later on, and report back.

Maybe it'll stop the USB driver in parallels/xp faulting when copying large mapsets across.

Quick report back. The map transfer program took 3 goes before I managed to copy across the whole of the uk to a quest on version 4.0.

It was either because I de-selected bits of germany I wanted across, or I was careful to not muck about with anything while the last transfer was done. When time permits I'll try and break it again and send feedback.

So it's close... Garmin just need to get all the other good parts of mapsource ported now. (The map renders fine in mapinstaller.app, so they probably have most of the really ugly bits done).

Nowt for the 2610 though. Doubt there ever will be either :mad: Oh well, that's what my PC is for I suppose. Glad to hear they're trying tho.

Back
Top Bottom