tour x and autocom

hmmm

:monkeypiz thats a good way to start a helmet review mr dicky at 300 quid and a 5 year service plan from arai ??? well

will this do?

i use a Tour X with Autocom, when training.
it works.
i found it to be one of the easier lids to fit up with the Mic/ earphones etc.
though mine only has to work Oneway not two.
pretty reliable. relatively robust compared to others. user friendly.
best lid i've used for siting the Mic in the right "sweet" spot,:thumb2 without being in the way. (but with a velcro strap to assist exact placing of Mic).

the 5 pin plug (afaik the other parts are the same as a 7 pin:nenau) has recently developed a break somewhere.... but its had a lot of use in adverse conditions....

yeah - it's o.k. does the job.

happy now? :D ;)

shuberth and autocom

I have the autocom active rider set up fitted to the shuberth c2.
The fitting was a pain but now its in place it works fine.
mike being activated at about 80 mph can be a pain, and riding with the visor up has the thing hissing away.
Never had a tour x so cannot comment.
Get the intercom and you can irritate mrs trout all the time :D I think theres a chap on this site who has something todo with autocom and may help:nenau

Cromwell helmets

I dont know if cromwell are still in business?but they used to make made to measure lids.
Very usefull if your heads shaped like a tonnip dickie:thumb

I run the Starcom in a Tour-X with no issues so Autocom should be fine :thumb

a ha, found someone who does!

looking at ordering a tour-x, which mic do you use, boom or normal?

and how do you get on with it? i found mine kept playing up until I turned the sensitivity right down, no longer using my phone with it, it was a waste of time!

The vox on the autocom has to be turned up more (less sensitive) with a Tour X compared to a "conventional" helmet

You can fit the autocom open face kit to the mike which only costs a couple of quid, I found this worked with the rider but not as well as with a pillion using a Tour X.

Recently fitted the Shoei Whisper kit to Ms Cheek's Tour X having read about it on here and it does make a difference to the noise levels within the helmet.

I've put the Starcom1 stick in mike just to the left of the mouth Vent.. Sweet spot would cover the vent, so it's just a bit off but I was told sound quality at speed over 40mph is terrible (supposidly sounds like I'm shouting from a helecopter with a sock in my mouth).. I've even tried speaking like popeye so I'm speaking direct in to the mike..

I've just sent a boom mike back to Starcom1 as it was sh1te. Even in the "quiet" system 5.

a ha, found someone who does!

looking at ordering a tour-x, which mic do you use, boom or normal?

and how do you get on with it? i found mine kept playing up until I turned the sensitivity right down, no longer using my phone with it, it was a waste of time!

Have a browse through the Bike Comms section.

My mic is stuck just to the right of the internal vent - don't bother with the stick backed velcro pad as it will hold itself in place on the lining - only problem I have seen is I carry the helmet by the chin bar and the foam around the mic takes a hammering but it is easily super glued if it gets split - as far as settings go I have no idea, it worked with a little twiddling of knobs 2+years ago and has never missed a beat since despite being outside with the bike for two winters.

Here is a handy tip: Get a sticky backed zip tie mount and stick it to the side of your helmet - a tie wrap then holds the plug in place and saves it flapping a round or worse still stops the weight of the main cable pulling the internals out of your helmet.

Heh - enough double entendre's to keep the site happy for a while, fnarr fnarr....

I run an Autocom Pro-Avi in a TourX with no problems. Take your time fitting it i.e. take cheek pads out so you can gaffa the leads, boom etc in place, then put the pads back in. The BGN mic positioning can be critical so experiment with it. Mines in the lining between the left cheek pad and the upper lining. Setting the vox level also takes a bit of time but once done can usually be left alone.

I've just done 1200 miles this weekend and was listening to my iPod through it (with earplugs in) at 85-90 with no problems.

Have a tour x and autocom, works a treat.

Have a tour x and autocom, works a treat.

Me too.
Sarah Teach has a Tour-x and i have a Tour-x II, the later had bigger ear voids so the speakers fit right in, out of the way. ST's speakers took a little fitting to get them too sit out of the way.
The whole system works very well, I have no regrets from any of the purchases.

Timpo.

tour x

arai tour x is a great helmet:thumb2 just make sure you dont buy a black one to go with your slow white adv:clap

you bitch glenda

black and white ,its the main colours ,life is black and white glenn not gay red ,and sliver,

we like gay

:ymcaeh up dickie youve been elevated to the status of senior member:eek:
how did that occur, it must be the tour x and adv club:augie

seinor member

:thumb2i got a pm ,that said my speelling had inprove ,and the yorkshire reigion has made such a large come back in the amount of posts since i bourght a gs from rainbow ,he he:thumb2,? so sid the fire starter suc on that :monkeypiz

Back
Top Bottom