My first trip on the GS

harrisn

There are 4 of us going on a weekend away on the bikes, 3 BMW GS's and him on his Harley Softail.

Plain is to head out on the thursday night/friday morning get the eurostar to calais, then ride down to the nurburgring (650 miles), do a couple of laps the following morning, then move on to somewhere else, possibly switzerland or similar, then come back on the Monday night.

Anyone done this sort of route before that can suggest stops on the way, or somewhere to go after the nurburgring?

There are 4 of us going on a weekend away on the bikes, 3 BMW GS's and him on his Harley Softail.

Plain is to head out on the thursday night/friday morning get the eurostar to calais, then ride down to the nurburgring (650 miles), do a couple of laps the following morning, then move on to somewhere else, possibly switzerland or similar, then come back on the Monday night.

Anyone done this sort of route before that can suggest stops on the way, or somewhere to go after the nurburgring?

I'm in Istanbul at the moment. On the way here my first stop was Munich and that was just about 600 miles from Calais. I think 300 miles is about right, which means more time on the circuit...:thumb2

I'm in Istanbul at the moment. On the way here my first stop was Munich and that was just about 600 miles from Calais. I think 300 miles is about right, which means more time on the circuit...:thumb2

Oh look, we are all from Kent as well:D

Ah obviously got that completely wrong then! just calculated the route on mapsource and its just under 400 from my house (bexlyheath) to the nurburgring! no idea where i got 650 from! that means i can go even further afield then!

And hell yea it looks like we are all from Kent (apart from Vern):)

Trip

Just come back from a week in that area so many nice places to stop and see. Luxemburg - Clervaux, Hotel, St Hubert eat at restaurant in town very very reasonable.Call in to Vianden and Echternach on route to Germany. Germany, Baden Baden,could spend a couple of days here. Follow the D500 down to Triberg, Best Weston Hotel, and onward.Best not to plan too firm a route, just travel,stop when you like and enjoy.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom