Tested today

Zoton

15mg and rising
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Test rode the 990 adv today ,and the ZZR14 last week just to make sure I'm staying on the right track so to speak , also looked at the triumph tiger the new one but not for me moved on ,anyway I digress , the 990 looks good , rides really well and looking good for the next buy,however I did get really annoyed at the buffeting at the rear of the screen, nothing when standing just sitting I assume its the pressure drop behind the screen with speeds from around 60mph all the way up it gets more noisy and uncomfortable.
Is it Just me or are people drilling holes in screens or fitting new ones ?
Other than that feels good.

I've found it's sensitive to the lid you're using. I don't get buffeting problems with a 'normal' Arai but I can't use a Tour X on my 950.

HUGE discussion thread about this on ADVrider's Orange crush

I've found it's sensitive to the lid you're using. I don't get buffeting problems with a 'normal' Arai but I can't use a Tour X on my 950.

HUGE discussion thread about this on ADVrider's Orange crush

Had me RX7Corsair on ,looked at the screen option and it spoils the look , been looking around on adv rider some have drilled the screen:confused:
anyway will look at options first and see what gives.May be cause I'm a short arse.:

tall screen

try a 990 adv with their tall screen, there around £65 bit ugly, but i found it pretty good.

Test rode the 990 adv today ,and the ZZR14 last week just to make sure I'm staying on the right track so to speak , also looked at the triumph tiger the new one but not for me moved on ,anyway I digress , the 990 looks good , rides really well and looking good for the next buy,however I did get really annoyed at the buffeting at the rear of the screen, nothing when standing just sitting I assume its the pressure drop behind the screen with speeds from around 60mph all the way up it gets more noisy and uncomfortable.
Is it Just me or are people drilling holes in screens or fitting new ones ?
Other than that feels good.

I had a test ride on a 990 yesterday and found it to be at least as good as my R11550GS with a MRA Vario fitted :thumb

Back
Top Bottom