Brake cam - differences

bakerlonglegs

Relative numpty
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello hello - a question for the airhead massive.... :eek:

The splines on my rear brake cam are damaged, to the point that I can't get the arm onto it. Motorworks said they had an undamaged 2nd hand part in stock, so I decided to invest. However, on arrival the two parts are different....

rear_brake_cam.jpg

My old one is below (2 seals at either end), the replacement above (one seal at either end). And so the dilemma I have is this: do I plough ahead and fit the part with fewer seals, or go for a new part (= uber £ :( ).

Any thoughts/opinions appreciated......

:beerjug:

Just add another two "O" rings at each end.

Thanks for the advice. I did think about that, but the grooves for the "O" rings are deeper and have a square cross-section to keep them in place. I'll have a go and see if the "O" rings stay in place in the shallow grooves when pushed into the bevel box.

:thumb2

Thanks for the advice. I did think about that, but the grooves for the "O" rings are deeper and have a square cross-section to keep them in place. I'll have a go and see if the "O" rings stay in place in the shallow grooves when pushed into the bevel box.

:thumb2

There are two type/sizes of O rings

Aaaaahhh! I didn't know that :eek: I'll order up....

Thanks again :thumb2

Personally I'd send the replacement back and get me money back and while that's in the post get the Swiss files out and re-file the splines on your damaged shaft.

Back
Top Bottom