Northern Spain end of October

MATKAT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sue and I considering Northern Spain/Picos end of October anyone been there at that time of year? whats the weather like? is it still warm and sunny, help, advice info gratefully recieved:thumb

Hit and miss !!!

I rode from St Malo to Madrid and back at the end of Oct last year and went via San Sebastien and back over the Pyrenees.

Maybe I was lucky but the only rain I saw on the bike was in France.

Spain was lovely and about 20 degs in the north and 25 in Madrid,but it is very variable so expect the unexpected

Should be ok but, as MF says can sometimes be a bit unpredictable.

Generally, as the weather breaks down at the end of the summer it comes in from the west so, the further east you are the better chance you have of good weather.

The year before last I was caught in the worst storm I have ever ridden in going across one of the high passes across the East side of the Pyrenees - the lightening was striking the side of the mountain just below the road I was on and there was virtual white out from the hail. Some experience I can tell you :eek: but fun :D

Having said all that I've been down that way during October for quite a few years now, I don't do really hot weather and it's my fav time to go :thumb2

I'll be there last week of October as well (4 wheels though :() so will keep everything crossed for decent weather :)

Andres

Hello.
I lived there for some time...in Santander.October can be quite chilly and you can expect rain maybe once every couple or three days....so take your impermeables.Good luck.

Hi,
I rode up from southern spain last friday and by the time I got to Madrdid I put a fleece on under my jacket and my heated grips stayed on all the way to Bilbao ferry port. It also hammered down in Bilbao so I was wet as well as cold.

But the next day was Lovely 21 degrees and bright sunshine.

:eek:

Sunshine

I,m hoping for good weather too, will be checking out some of those rivers too.
Red 1150 give us a wave.

Gauchos and muffs still in the post:blast

Shane

Came through there in November last year. Not cold but one day was brilliant and the next solid rain. You win some, you lose some. Great GS country though.:thumb:thumb

Changable

Hi
Weather at the end of October is changing and although it is around 25 degrees
now during the day altitude is the key. There has been some snow on the high peaks so be prepared on high passes. Rain is becoming more frequent and weather can change quickly.
If luck is on your side you can expect fine and 20 degree days.
Safe Riding
CliveS

weather

went in october and it was great weather , 25 and cool on noghts , good biking weather

We hired from BMW (Main Dealer) Barcelona early October this year and toured for 4 days in Pyrenees, we had very good wether. I toured in Norther Spain last Oct on my own bike (1200GSA) and had some rain,but also some nice weather, just remember it is not like the south of Spain. I also toured down through France to northern Spain (750 miles in one day) 6am - 9pm at the end of March this year and it was cold and wet. Left Santander at 8.30 am freezing fog for 1.5 hrs heading south to Algarve 700 miles (1450 in 2 days) I love real Spain. Ewen

Back
Top Bottom