Zumo 550 is there an obvious solution please?

vis-edge

I have a Mac which I know means I miss out on loads of navigation features that you PC people enjoy... I have to plan journeys using just the Zumo unit itself... If I plan a route from say home to London then put in Sawbridgeworth on the way (to make the route go along roads I want to go on) how do I stop the Zumo insisting that I go to the dead centre of Sawbridgeworth miles after Ive passed it on the way to London.
Does anyone know if there is a command that will take you to the next point on the journey and bi-pass the dead centre of the waypoint whilst I'm travelling on route?

Many thanks.

Try this:

Where to? Routes; New; Add New Start Point; Add New End point; Touch "+" to add new waypoint; Select 'Browse Map' from list of options. Select the waypoint location. Select a preferred alternative from the map and it will calculate your route using the waypoint selected, - hopefully avoiding the centre of town!

Cheers

I fell foul of that characteristic too, when I borrowed a unit from a friend............

As mentioned - you have to go to the map and pick a location on the route, just beyond the town/city you are using as a waypoint (I think).

Check on the ZumoForum website - there may be something there?

Al :nenau

Or just ignore the instructions when you get near the town, and pick up the route again afterwards. We had that in France this year with my mates Zumo, basically it was going to take us into town, then striaght back out on the same route, then make a turn. Mate saw it on the screen, we just turned down the road and the Zumo ignored the fact we didn't go into town.

cheers

Markie

As Markie says............ but it is easier in France where the signposts at the outskirts offer:

Town Centre

All other directions

Al :thumb2

Thanks for this Red Rock pretty obvious now you come to mention it... got hopelessly lost in Switzerland when we literally could not get out of the centre of Montrose and in the end had to turn the thing off and navigate with the sun... it still wanted us to turn back about 20 km further on down the right road. Its a real shame they cant do a web based navigation programme like google earth for us Mac people to get in on the act any way thats my rant for the evening.

I fell foul of that characteristic too, when I borrowed a unit from a friend............

As mentioned - you have to go to the map and pick a location on the route, just beyond the town/city you are using as a waypoint (I think).

Check on the ZumoForum website - there may be something there?

Al :nenau
Thanks for the advice...

Back
Top Bottom