Test rode a G650 XChallenge at Bahnstormer today

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
And was well impressed. Bags of torque and it whipped along the local A-roads at a cracking pace. Spent a long time speaking to Lee Waters who has raced one in the Baja, Dusk til Dawn etc. He couldn't stop talking about how good it was, especially with a full Remus, proper offroad tyres and a TT bash plate. He recommended it over the KTM 250EXC-F I've been looking at. To think I could ride it to dirt, ring its neck all day and ride home warm in the comfort of my dealer backup and warranty vs the KTMs 15hr service interval, one month warranty and trailer requirement. They're doing free insurance at present which isn't an issue as its c £10 to add it to my existing BMW policy. Seem to be a few cheaper ones with sub 1000 miles on Biketrader around the £4700 mark vs the £5995 sticker price although I'm sure there's a discount available.

Anyone else had one? ridden one? similar or different conclusions

Ive had mine since sept 1st. So far so good, despite being a bit on the heavy side. Done a few minor mods. Hope to be out all day tomorrow trail riding. Bought mine from Bristol Motorrad, think I had a good deal.

I had one when I did the Off Road Skills course in Bunclody about a month ago. The dealers here don't have a demo bike & I couldn't get my hands on the BM Ireland one so I booked one for the course.

I was really impressed with how it went on the tracks compared to the GSA. Didn't have a chance to try it on really mucky stuff but I will shortly - I was so impressed I put a deposit down on Friday & I should have it later in the week :bounce1 Roll on the Cambrian :aidan

1468794199_8cbf79973f.jpg

try this, got it very mucky yesterday, out riding "the Gap" through the Beacons

You know my thoughts on them Jeremy - simply fantastic fun and very forgiving...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N8VsBle998k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N8VsBle998k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Go for it;)

1468794199_8cbf79973f.jpg

try this, got it very mucky yesterday, out riding "the Gap" through the Beacons

Way to go :clap But where's the 'dirty' pictures :bounce1

Which handguards did you get for it Steve :nenau

Has anyone else bought 'stuff' for the bike - frame or chain guard, headlight cover, etc ? And BM or TT ??

I'd quite like one of the X-Country's, looks ideal for a short arse like me.

I would guess it would be restricted on decent dirt tyres with the smaller wheels:(

Pricey though for green laner

Shep

Wheres the dirt

Well, near the summit it got slippery as you can see I almost made it!
1468871393_b1a003919f_m.jpg

Got Acerbis handguards new off ebay, wouldnt recommend them as they only give dirt/brush protection. I have fitted TT small rack, chain guard & rear disk protector. Ive also put a small fender bag for my bits & pieces fastened to the rack. Ive stuck more snaps on the "Flickr" website. Look under "the gap" & "sarn helen". Took in some great scenery en route.

Back
Top Bottom