Stainless nut and bolt kits

Vern

Toy maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I've almost finished putting together a stainless steel nut and bolt kit for the 1150. The first five bags I've put together for the first kit have got 141 nuts,bolts and washers in them, and that isn't even half the kit I've got on the bench at the moment.
The thing is, do you want me to do seperate kits, for the people who had the front cover and caliper kits before, or if they're interested, do they mind having a handful of stainless fastners left over.
Option 1:- Complete kit.
Option 2:- Complete kit minus front cover and calipers.
I'm also going to include stainless bolts for the discs and ABS carriers. THESE WILL HAVE A BLEEDING GREAT DISCLAIMER ON THEM, AND YOU FIT THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK. (mine have been on for 35000 miles of total hooligan riding with no problems at all) BUT IF YOU MAKE A HASH OF IT, OR THEY BREAK, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN FOLKS.
I don't yet know how much this is going to cost, but it will be cheaper than anywhere else.
What are your thoughts on it.

Vern,

I'd go for either option (never hurts to have a few bolts left over - except at the end of a re-build :D), but probably option 2 if there was a choice.

Mike:)

Mike O said:
Vern,

I'd go for either option (never hurts to have a few bolts left over - except at the end of a re-build :D), but probably option 2 if there was a choice.

Mike:)

Ditto, since I took the other sets from you last time. :D

Put my name down for a full kit please! also a wheel spindle when available (I AM an engineer, I'll take my chances!)

Kit 1 is fine Vern - I can always use the extras somewhere. Any idea on price yet ?

price list

any chance of a price list vern? so that we can compare your
fabulous goods with others,or do we have to wait for your web site to be constructed! oh yeah !!!

S/S Bolt kit

Full kit for me Vern!

Re: Why ?

luke scott said:
As somebody that rides his GS everyday I am curious as to why you guy's want the ss kit ?

As someone who wants a ss kit, I am curious as to why you felt the need to tell us that you ride every day?

Mike:p

luke scott said:
Whats wrong with the BMW nuts and bolts ? If this is for cosmetic reasons I can start wearing my Harley jacket again.

Well, if other peoples are anything like mine, they're all rusted to buggery, as they say...

Ok, that's enough interest for me to get beavering away, I'm working on a price of around £700, although, I hope this will come down a bit:D . I'll let you know a final figure this week sometime. I've got five separate bags of nuts and bolts so far, all labeled with their contents, and a separate piece of paper with what they all do on it, (you might have to use your imagination a bit on this one, as the beer fairy paid a visit when I was doing the list!)
Luke, as someone who rides their bike every day, you should be able to see the tin worm getting a grip on all the fasteners on your bike. As for getting them out when you need to, I had to drill a bolt out of a six month old adventure the other day.
Watch this space:beerjug:

Price of kit

I've just picked my self up of the floor after getting the quote for the nut and bolts, and a kit is going to be in between 50-60 quid I think, and I'll have to see if I can squeeze the p+p in with that as well, but I reckon it's going to be almost a full Kilo in weight, so I can't promise anything. Who's still interested?

Mate of mine just bought 1.5 tons of mixed metric stainless nuts and bolts for £90 - i'm sure he will let you rummage through them;)

Vern said:
I've got five separate bags of nuts and bolts so far, all labeled with their contents, and a separate piece of paper with what they all do on it, (you might have to use your imagination a bit on this one, as the beer fairy paid a visit when I was doing the list!)

Oh Oh... the words product liability are coming to mind again! Never admit the beer fairy arrived to your customers.

Luke, as someone who rides their bike every day, you should be able to see the tin worm getting a grip on all the fasteners on your bike. As for getting them out when you need to, I had to drill a bolt out of a six month old adventure the other day.
Watch this space:beerjug:

We dont salt our roads over here so I wonder if that explains the difference in appearence of the nuts and bolts. I put 14,000 miles up last year and the worst I saw was the fork brace pitting.

I would be interested in a full kit when they become available.
Thanks, DP

Back
Top Bottom