• Get stuffed! You robbing git.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Prices seem ok.

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Rob Farmer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been asked on several occasions by people buying a Motoswitch from me if I could provide Hella Riding and Fog lights. I've been looking into it and have found a local supplier. The margins are crap on these things - hence the lack of discounts with the suppliers. It probably explains why Halfords and other dealers have stopped suppling them. Before I go and buy any of these lights I'd like some feed back on the prices please:-

Hella FF50 Riding lights @ £35 + Vat (£41.12)
Hella FF50 Fog lights @ £43+Vat (£50.52)
Hella FF75 Riding Lights @ £42 + Vat (£49.35)
Hella FF75 Fog Lights @ £42 + Vat (49.35)
Micro DE £130 + Vat (£152.75)

All of the above lights come as a set of two - they are available individually for approximatly half the price of a pair (obvious really).

There would of course be a postage charge on top of this.

If anybody is interested I will go and get a few sets.

:beerjug:

The prices seem steep - compared to over here . I seem to remember I paid only Euro 52 for a set of FF50's not so long ago so it seems we can source them retail here for about 30% less and that is with our outrageous 21% VAT.

Do you want me to check and see If I can get a supplier for you ?

Put me down for a pair of FF50 Riding Lights Rob, plus one of your switches. Must get my arse in gear and order a Migsel bar.

Did someone on here have their lights fitted by Premier Bikes in Didcot? They'd be my nearest chappies, to get them to fit the whole lot. Any contact details please?

Cheers,

Neil.

I'm trying to get a handle on this - Demon tweaks want £59 for the FF 50's once VAT and delivery are added. I was hoping to get a decent discount for a bulk purchase which I could then pass on to the GS riders, unfortunatly, nobody local wants to play ball.

I'll post again when I've shopped around.

yep

Am looking to replace me spots with hella so would be intrested,

:beerjug: :)

My Micro DE's were £52.00 inc from the nice man at Kirby's in Chesterfield, My FF50's were £43.

Jim,

I thought the Micro De price was high, the list is £85.75 + Vat :confused: did you prices include the VAT?

Maybe there has been a price hike?

I've attached the latest price list from Hella.

A quick note to the poison emailer -:mad: I'm not actually selling at these prices, I'm trying to sort out the the best price so that I can offer lights and kits at the cheapest possible prices - You know who you are.

Attachments

• hella price clip.gif
    hella price clip.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 670
I saw an ad from a german dealer selling FF50's with the whole kaboodle including mouinting bracket and beuatiful switch that firs on the centre 'bar clamp..looked nice but it was £90 plus p&p von Deutschland!

Rob

Yes Rob that was inc vat, it was for two Micro DE lights, not the kit as I was replacing just the lights I already had the relay and stuff insitu.
Even so the kit is not that much more.

Jimbo

Jim,

I think things have changed recently. hella only list two options for the Micro DE; Single or set and only with the blue rim. The set is listed at £85.75 + VAT (£100.75) and a single lamp at £39.19 + VAT (£46). It looks as though you got yours at the right time.

FF50....

Have just purchased a set of FF50 Driving lights, complete set with all fixtures and fittings, switch, relay connectors wire etc at a cost of £42.97 inclusive of VAT.

Mick
:beerjug:

Rob Farmer said:
Jim,

I think things have changed recently. hella only list two options for the Micro DE; Single or set and only with the blue rim. The set is listed at £85.75 + VAT (£100.75) and a single lamp at £39.19 + VAT (£46). It looks as though you got yours at the right time.
That kind of explains my problems with Demon Tweeks, I waited eight weeks for black rimmed Micro DE fogs and they had no delivery date - NOTE no one at Demon Tweeks seems to believe they were discontinued, blue rims were though supposed to be in stock still and I'm sure they'll look lovely with the tart's handbag but not the hack sadly 57.61 :(

I just picked at set of FF50's from Ebay for $46 US, shipping was $10 US - and it includes wiring harness, relay, fuse and switch (obviously not the Motoswitch or Autoswitch). There is a fellow who lists them on Ebay starting at $29 US.

there appears to be a massive mark up on the FF50 driving light sets:( , they are £19.50 from Hella (trade) so motor factor suppliers have got some room for "adjustment".

Racer

Hmm, what's the best price for Hella Xenon DE lights? I'm thinking of getting a pair of them and either a pair of FF50s or FF75s to cover all eventualities, having come close to someone standing in the middle of the road that I couldn't see the other day.

Veb zite

Invicta Moto said:
foundit buried in my favourites..... http://www.fernblau.de/ complete kits....
Dunken muchen gladbachen fur ze Veben siten BUT nine gooten goz de shiten ziten nine spracken du englander banter .... wot abott sum piks of the lights please in any lingo prost :beer:

Back
Top Bottom