Zumo Advice please

Blowzorn

Reaction score
This week I'm in the UAE and have the chance to pick-up a Zumo 550 at a reasonable price including City Nav Europe.
Having had a quick trawl through the Zumo section on here they seem to be a problematic piece of kit.
Are there better units out there or are the Zumo's good stuff.
There is a Garmin dealer out here so I can get pretty much any product in their range.
All comments gratefully received.

Mines great , better than my SP111 and 2610 :bounce1

Music player is great and Speed Camera warning is excellent :clap

Plus you get all the mounting kit for bike , car and a bag to carry it in :)

However i haven't had any problems with it yet and have only used it once for the Pico's with a bit of off roading ........... :aidan

However i'm still impressed and am looking for a card to store more music on ......... :guitarist

................... JB :cool:

Just buy it. It's good stuff.

Like the R1200GS on forums: Some of them have problems, but the bunch of them work fine. Problems get overexposed on forums.

99% of the Zumo problems can be solved by updating the firmware and/or removing the battery.

On the other hand: If you are a high tech gizmo freak, with computer knowlege. And you do a lot of off roading as well. Take a look at the 278c. Complicated thing, but very good as well. With more options then the Zumo (but at a higher price).

Say hello to :bow for me.

lucky git:D

You don't know how much?

Wait till I tell you about playing in the desert with my brother and his toys.

Picture160.jpg

Picture161.jpg

But that's another story

Thanks for the comments guys.
I appreciate how minor problems can get exacerbated on forums (I own a 1200ADV) and probable most the issues relate to users failing to RTFM.
It looks a sturdy bit of kit and the mount looks solid.
I’ll probably follow my heart with this.

Thanx again.

PS. James is there a cock in those pants on your avatar?

Back
Top Bottom