DR350 timing chain replacement

forry

Reaction score
It's time to change the timing chain on the Dr its done 31000 miles rattles quiet a lot under acceleration.
I'm making up a list of parts to order and thought I'd check with you what I need.

Chain
2 guides
tensioner
gasket for tensioner
Head gasket ?

Any other bits or anything else I should do at the same time not read my manuel yet :eek:

Has anyone the phone no. of a good suzuki dealer who'll do mail order ?

Thanks for help :thumb2

Attachments

• SU0018_010.jpg
    SU0018_010.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 4,266
Forry, try Suzuki Spares Direct on 02089 690741 they've been great with me:thumb

Good luck and make sure you fit the head the right way up:augie

Forry, try Suzuki Spares Direct on 02089 690741 they've been great with me:thumb

Good luck and make sure you fit the head the right way up:augie

Cheers Tim I'll try them :thumb2

Which way does the head go ?:confused:
Reminds me of a little story from years ago :eek:
As a 13 year old I once tried to fit the spark plug and lead into the carb easy mistake as i had the slide out :blast

Reminds me of a little story from years ago :eek:
As a 13 year old I once tried to fit the spark plug and lead into the carb easy mistake as i had the slide out :blast

That figures:D:D
:confused:

Your chain might be fine, start by changing the tensioner as they are a known problem.

Cam chain tensioner ordered today along with a few other bits and bobs :thumb2

All the parts have arrived today :thumb2

Attachments

• IMGP3277 (Small).JPG
    IMGP3277 (Small).JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 2,865
Get yer arse into gear then:aidan

Everythings in hand dumping the GS in a mates garage tonight then I'll have a good tidy up.
Tomorrow night I've got a mate who works at the local bike shop coming to give me a hand hopefully get it done before his bird drops the sprog she's due on the 12th :blast

Operating theatres been scrubbed down and the patients ready for the op :D

Attachments

• DSC02224.jpg
    DSC02224.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 3,190
This could be a really useful thread ( well, to me at least :p ) - you going to take some pics ala Steptoes step-through's and make it a sticky? :bounce1 :thumb

Cam chain replacements on hold just now :augie
Started last night looks like someones been at it before snapped bolt on the tensioner,can't get at it cause the exhaust studs are rounded off.
I'll try again in a couple of weeks :thumb

Cam chain replacements on hold just now :augie
Started last night looks like someones been at it before snapped bolt on the tensioner,can't get at it cause the exhaust studs are rounded off.
I'll try again in a couple of weeks :thumb

ebay the shed:thumb:D

So it's a 30,000 miler for repeatedly going to the garage and back? :augie

You should have bought it's replacement. :thumb

Fecking Suzuki bolts are shite. I've replaced all mine with stainless. Took a while but I hope it pays off in the long run. :thumb2

Did you use the people recommended ^^ up there?

Might have to try them myself - the people I'm using at the moment are shite.

Pluck

When I had the 1200 Bandit Sgt Pluck I used to get my parts from Crooks Suzuki in Barrow-in-Furness. I found them to be a friendly and helpful bunch.

Linky here.

Sorry for the hi-jack Forry. Carry on. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom