KTM 990 TWO UP.

GedJack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone help, I am just on the verge of part exing my 06 GS for a 990 ex demo. I have test rode two of them and was really impressed. Can anyone tell me what they are like two up,compared to the GS as my missus goes on the back now and again ? And we sometimes go away for the odd weekend on it.

Regards Gedjack.:thumb2

When I test rode the 990 before I bought my 950 I had Mrs Ming with me .

Still Bought one :thumb

Can't compare with 1200GS, but Mrs BLL said that my 950adv has less room for a pillion than my old 1150GS but was still OK for a day's riding. She is not interested in long bike tours, so never does more than a day at a time on the back anyway. Depending on your Mrs' comfort expectations, I think you'd be alright for the odd weekend away on it.

Oh and it does have better suspension than the Gs .

easier to adjust and harder if required :thumb

Took one out last weekend and Rosie hated it.

She said the GSA is far far comfier, her legs were too far forwards and higher on the KTM (And I kept knocking her toes with my boots so that wasn't too good) and she wouldn't have wanted to go any distance on it.

Oh yes, she said the bike looked silly and too small as well :nenau

I've only ever ridden pillion once and that was on my brothers 1150GS to pick up my 990adv and it was possibly the worst bike related experiance of my life. I cant imagine its any worse than that.
I hope the 990 adv is ok as after a lot of persuasion I have persuaded the better half to come out with me on the back of mine. If its not good it could be a very short joint biking life!!!!!

Since Nick has the 1150gs and my brother in law has the 990 adv I have been pillion on both and to be honest didnt think much different although I do recall being a bit snug behind my bro in law on the ktm so I would say more room on the gs for the pillion.

Since Nick has the 1150gs and my brother in law has the 990 adv I have been pillion on both and to be honest didnt think much different although I do recall being a bit snug behind my bro in law on the ktm so I would say more room on the gs for the pillion.
There you go, KTM is better if the pillion is cute!

Who wants to admit they prefer the GS?

Back
Top Bottom