HP2 complete tool kit ??

gt12_GXR

Reaction score
I am in the process of prepping my HP for a summer adventure and as in my 12GS before that, I like to carry a complete tool kit.

would anyone have a complete list of tools required for the HP..??

I like to assume that my R1200GS tool kit would be sufficient but i don't want to find out the hard way..

cheers

whatever you take you'll also need a couple of rolls of gaffa tape

Just take the tools to do the jobs you expect to do and are competent to do. If your taking any spares then make sure you have tools for these :blast

So just panel fasteners, wheels on and off, bulb changing, oil changes that sort of thing.

If you have to do any unexpected work, buy the tools at the time. As it says, unexpected, so you can't know which tools to take.

Your planning a summer adventure - plenty of time to sort some tools.

Have a good one............

things to take which are good

ring aerial (but have not heard of any going faulty on HP unlike 1200)
cable ties to secure the side stand switch when it falls off which it will or read up which wires you need to cut and cross over.

you can use all the screws from the petrol tank to hold the back end together, then use the gaffa tape to stick the tank panels back on.

It's better to use electrical tape as that does less damage to the panels.

you can use all the screws from the petrol tank to hold the back end together, then use the gaffa tape to stick the tank panels back on.

It's better to use electrical tape as that does less damage to the panels.

That sounds like the voice of experience :blast

Just spend two weeks in Namibia and we took basic stuff like metal epoxy if you happen to put a whole in the sump or valve covers, electrical fuses, torx + L keys, screwdrivers even though a leatherman should get you out of most problems. Gaffa tape, cable ties, set of spark plugs, spare air filter if it is not a K&N or the like.

Ring + open ended spanners 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19 normally does the trick. Wheel + plug spanner. Anything more serious than that get it enroute if possible.

Just spend two weeks in Namibia and we took basic stuff like metal epoxy if you happen to put a whole in the sump or valve covers, electrical fuses, torx + L keys, screwdrivers even though a leatherman should get you out of most problems. Gaffa tape, cable ties, set of spark plugs, spare air filter if it is not a K&N or the like.

Ring + open ended spanners 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19 normally does the trick. Wheel + plug spanner. Anything more serious than that get it enroute if possible.

Thanks for sharing the experience... now where are the pics of you and your HP2 in Namibia?!?!?

Thanks for sharing the experience... now where are the pics of you and your HP2 in Namibia?!?!?

It was not on the HP2 sadly Mav but more exciting on my 80GS which in theory is pretty much the same bike just very old :D We took 2400 photo's on the two week trip and busy working through the lot to pic say the top 80 and then write a ride report. As you can imagine this is a task that requires alot of time and effort unfortenately which I don't have at this point due to work commitments :rolleyes:

Feel free to browse through the four galleries on my smugmug account...

IDMFVISS 2007 :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom