What heavy duty inner tubes ?

If you can, go for the Michelin.

The Maxis ones shown on flea bay are not in the same league - you can't fold the HD Mich tubes - they are more like a slick tyre!

Top quality, last for ever. Put Slime in them and don't worry about punctures again.

Cheers, Rick.

ps it's the "ultra HD" Mich I'm talking about - 4mm thick. Check before you buy as "HD" can mean a lot of things.

If you can, go for the Michelin.

The Maxis ones shown on flea bay are not in the same league - you can't fold the HD Mich tubes - they are more like a slick tyre!

Top quality, last for ever. Put Slime in them and don't worry about punctures again.

Cheers, Rick.

ps it's the "ultra HD" Mich I'm talking about - 4mm thick. Check before you buy as "HD" can mean a lot of things.

Cheers Rick I'll buy a front as a spare just now :thumb2
Think I'll try the local bike shop see if can get them there save on the postage ;)

Cheers Rick think I'll buy a front as a spare just now :thumb2
You may be better off fitting it now in the comfort of your garage and carrying your, original lighter one as a spare.
This way you will get the HD protection and be less likely to get a punture but if you do a LD tube will be easier to fit at the road/bog/track side.

PS if you hang around Off road shops a Charlie Borman lookalike might come along and give you a HD tube. (no hamster though:()

You may be better off fitting it now in the comfort of your garage and carrying your, original lighter one as a spare.
This way you will get the HD protection and be less likely to get a punture but if you do a LD tube will be easier to fit at the road/bog/track side.

PS if you hang around Off road shops a Charlie Borman lookalike might come along and give you a HD tube. (no hamster though:()

I heard Charlie had been spotted buying tubes and rim locks :augie

Wot he said.:thumb
Great tubes, bast**d to fit!
Mark

Hey Forry, remember the good old days before Tim became a moderator?

How we all used to laugh and joke together but now he calls you a git and we have to call him Mr or Sir :(

Even poor Tina has to curtsy in front of him ( although I do like her new PVC French Maids outfit:green gri) so she can beg for some fuel for her Tenere' from her meagre allowance !!!

How times have changed ;)

Hey Forry, remember the good old days before Tim became a moderator?

How we all used to laugh and joke together but now he calls you a git and we have to call him Mr or Sir :(

Even poor Tina has to curtsy in front of him ( although I do like her new PVC French Maids outfit:green gri) so she can beg for some fuel for her Tenere' from her meagre allowance !!!

How times have changed ;)

The exceeding bitter cry of the disinherited has come to be as familiar in the ears of men as the dull roar of the streets or as the moaning of the wind through the trees.:D:p
And you may like the maids outfit, but I'm afraid it won't fit you:p

The exceeding bitter cry of the disinherited has come to be as familiar in the ears of men as the dull roar of the streets or as the moaning of the wind through the trees.

I bet you read that in the The Pall Mall Gazette when it was published in 1883!

:rob

Greg

Back
Top Bottom