Just bought a TTR660

turnipbmw

Reaction score
Was looking at E bay yesterday and there was a 2 year old TTR660 with only 680 miles on the clock about 2 miles from home.

Put in the minimum bid and have won it.

£1995

Seems like a good deal - looking forward to getting some off road action on this.

Whats the panels opinion ?

Sorry - its a TTR600 RE with electric start. (its a bit of a shock - wasn't seriously looking for another bike:blast)

Attachments

• TTR600.jpg
    TTR600.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 884
Lovely bike...and VERY stealable !! Kick start only though, I believe !!:eek:

Too right, I had mine (a TT600 Belgarda) nicked from the St James's where I was working at the time. It was thrown in the back of a van, thanks...goodbye. Lovely bike. :tears

Probably never saw tarmac again.

Be careful.

do u like erm big
i had ccm604 too fat
ccm404 nice sold ,i wish i didnt

now got a dr250 very slow but light
oh and gsa

nice bike turnipbmw:beerjug:

Had to laugh - did a Google and the first one I looked at was a 'Stolen - help wanted' thread

GSers right on the money (as usual):thumb

Blimey
Less than 2k for that reckon you've got a good buy given that DRZ400's all seem to be going for around that money on eblag
Few green faces on here I bet!

Found out that you could buy them new for £3500 from Fowlers a while ago so I guess thats why it was cheap.

Very pleased though and have made a new local friend with good off road connections/knowledge.

i had a ttr600 a couple of years a go..............loved it to bits...seat like a colonic implant and shit brakes but it was really good fun to ride.....in the end i put excel rims on it and roads tyres..........can be a bit of a sulker when it comes to startin..........and the sparkplug is a barstool to reach....

Attachments

• ttr600.jpg
    ttr600.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 661
i think you will find that the speedo is in kph not mph so even lower milage.....had mine from new been great bike 18000 km just change oil & filter ever 5000 km, its green laned and used to get me to work.

i had a ttr600 a couple of years a go..............loved it to bits...seat like a colonic implant and shit brakes but it was really good fun to ride.....in the end i put excel rims on it and roads tyres..........can be a bit of a sulker when it comes to startin..........and the sparkplug is a barstool to reach....

errrrm,,, jusy wonderin, but how do you know wot a colonic implant is like?:augie:D

i think you will find that the speedo is in kph not mph so even lower milage.....had mine from new been great bike 18000 km just change oil & filter ever 5000 km, its green laned and used to get me to work.

yes you are right - its only done around 400 miles.

Owner was an endurance racer of some repute - was supplied with bike, tuning, transport, oil etc and won a few championships.
interesting guy.
Nick Davey.

ttr600re

this is what it will look like after a couple of hours off road, anybody else reads this and nows where i can parts cheap please let me now

Attachments

• 28122007037.jpg
    28122007037.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 464
I had one for laning and enduro's. Mine was a belgarda import. kick start only. was a pig to start until I fitted a manual decompressor off an old brit bike instead of the crappy fitted automatic one. Pull in the lever, find top dead centre, one kick and off she went, every time.Fitted a 20 ltr acerbis tank and had loads of fun on it. Sold it to a fella who did an enduro in Spain on it and won his class............:augie

TTR600

Wouldn't bother with a non electric start model :eek:

inmud.jpg

Wouldn't bother with a electric start model

The kick start version has vastly better suspension
and once you sused the starting technique ( took me a couple of hours :thedummy ) They start fine....

Had mine for 4 yaers and would have another one :thumb

Attachments

• ttr6 (Medium).JPG
    ttr6 (Medium).JPG
    58 KB · Views: 236
Wouldn't bother with a electric start model

The kick start version has vastly better suspension
and once you sused the starting technique ( took me a couple of hours :thedummy ) They start fine....

Had mine for 4 yaers and would have another one :thumb

Didn't take 2 hours to start everytime it stalled but it felt like it :p

Back
Top Bottom