Mapsource on 2 machines

Matt splat

Ive just bought another Garmin (nuvi 250) with mapsource and unlock codes etc.

Thing is, ive already got the latest mapsource with my zumo. Is it possible to put maps from my (zumo) mapsource onto the 250?

ta. Matt

Yes. But you'll need to get a new unlock code for the 250 from Garmin.
You're entitled to use any mapping product on GPS receivers that you own (unless they've changed the rules).

You should be able to get the additional unlock code either through mapsource, or via the MyGarmin section of Garmin's website.

Yes. But you'll need to get a new unlock code for the 250 from Garmin.
You're entitled to use any mapping product on GPS receivers that you own (unless they've changed the rules).

You should be able to get the additional unlock code either through mapsource, or via the MyGarmin section of Garmin's website.

I have The nuvi with unlock code, but i dont want to use that code, was rather hoping to be able to help a friend 'in need' as it was and use my zumo maps and give him the cd and new unlock codes.

not quite.

You're entitled to use any mapping product on GPS receivers that you own

on a second unit you own

(unless they've changed the rules).

they just have :(

Bugger, gonna have to let him down then. I thought i could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Im gonna try and load up the nuvi with my zumo mapsource maps and see what happens (somebody say now if it will lock my nuvi up), if that fails i will use the new codes that came with the nuvi.

Thanks for the help :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom