Tyres

Jonah

My mate has had his 990 now about a year n a half, but he seems to go through tyres pretty quick,( likes the throttle:augie) so he is looking around for tyres. He has scorpions on at the mo, but whats the alternative, ie
what can he get for off road use, and what are better road tyres other than scorpions.?
He was thinking of changing the wheels to enable tyre choice, but that seems expensive and a bit drastic:eek::eek:

Having the same problem myself. Out yesterday on my 950 SE on metzeler Karroos. Not very good grip on or off road and absolutley shocking wear. I'm thinking of going for a pair of AC10's. It means having a 120 rear instaed of 140, but they are cheap. £120 for a front and 2 rears from watlings.

I think it may be possible that the 950 just has too much power, especially in the wet, or alternatively I might just be a shit rider.

Having the same problem myself. Out yesterday on my 950 SE on metzeler Karroos. Not very good grip on or off road and absolutley shocking wear. I'm thinking of going for a pair of AC10's. It means having a 120 rear instaed of 140, but they are cheap. £120 for a front and 2 rears from watlings.

I think it may be possible that the 950 just has too much power, especially in the wet, or alternatively I might just be a shit rider.

I can recommend the pirelli scorpion mx pro's for off road.

I use them on my SE

Thanks for all the info. I'll look into it.

On Sunday I was running 14 psi front and 20 rear and it was so slippery the back of the bike was slipping into the middle of this gulley just under gravity. My mate was leaving me behind on his DRZ while I was balancing the throttle and trying different gears just to get the bike up the hill. it was very reminiscent of the first special of the Hafren on my 1200GS on a near bald TKC.

Change the front sprocket on the SE to 16T from 17T makes a big difference offroad

Thanks, I'll check. Hope to see you on Saturday. Should be good for the SER's if it's dryish.

Back
Top Bottom