GS Alpine White . What the OEM code?

Two wheels good

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello
What's the OEM code for the Alpine White of an R100GS or R80 basic (I'm assuming they are the same.) Please have a look at the code on the rear mudguard or in the owners manual.

Phil H's website quotes a paint code of Alpine White 146 but having looked at a colour swatch at the paint shop it looks more cream than I expected.

I'm not sure that the OEM "colour scheme" code will mean anythink to the paint shop but it's worth a try.

Thanks
David

I painted my 80G/s with that code. It is the right colour for the bike and it does look very creamy if viewed against other whites but it does look right when sprayed on the tank. I thought the same as you when I first bought the paint, so much so that I went and had 1 litre of Police white mixed and initially sprayed that on instead - it didn't look right so I did it again in the 146. Mine was mixed by Halfords and matched the original mudguards a treat.

Alpine White 146 is the correct code.

All the paint manufacturers have their own versions of this, and some have more than one to chose from. I had the same thoughts when respraying my 80 and paid to have an exact blend made up - in the end it was further away than the "standard".

The colours look completely different in the swatches as a printed colour appears totally different to a painted finish.

146 is quite creamy and gets slightly creamier with age.

Get the standard 146, don't worry, and it will look fine.

Phil H, how do I find his page ?

I just saw this thread, and would like to have more info on bmw color codes, if the " phil H " has a great web page,
can anybody help me out to find it
thanx

Back
Top Bottom