How do i erase my 2610 memory

ktmmark

Reaction score
Want to wipe the 2610 memory card & in mapsource it says erase memory card but nothing is listed am i doing it wrong

Not absolutely sure if the same principle applies but on my old SP111 I have to erase the card .:nenau I have a card reader and put the card in and select "erase card". Then I can reload whichever maps I need.:thumb2

I also tend to do this whenever I update the software from Garmin site.:clap

If any of that makes sense I take all credit.:bounce1
If not ,,,then it wasn't me who just wrote all this down.:beer::beer:

Pat

I tried to erase my card with the drop down menu and nothing happened either.So I shall be watching the replies to this too.

looks like there is a bug in Mapsource.

Using a USB card reader, Mapsource can see the CF card to read or write data. The erase card utility fails to detect the card.

I'm using Mapsource v6.13.4

As I use a card reader, I'd format the card using the WinXP utility. IIRC you need to set the file formatting to FAT.

Looking @ this i think i can only clear the card by putting a map over the top :nenau
Transferring only maps to the storage card: The storage card is completely erased before adding new maps.

Transferring maps as well as other data (waypoints, routes, and tracks): The storage card is completely erased before adding new maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks to the storage card.

Transferring only waypoints, routes, and tracks (no maps): There are two scenarios. 1) If the data card currently has maps stored on it, the maps stay on the storage card and the other data is erased and replaced with new data. 2) If the data card contains no maps, the storage card is completely erased and replaced with new data.

Why do you want to "wipe" the card anyway? :nenau

If it was essential for you, I would do what Wessie suggested and use the card reader.

If you want it done, but haven't got a card reader IIWY (they're not expensive) I would nip it into your local estate agent (it's almost guaranteed that they use a standard CF card for their photos) and would be able to format it in a minute or two. I'd do it for you myself if you were closer.

They're not busy at this time of year, but I'm sure a few mince pies wouldn't go amiss. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom