New version of Morocco Topo GPS maps

Tim Cullis

Scotland lover
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Putney, London and the Altiplano de Granada
New version released today with extended coverage around Tanger, Fes, Marrakeck, Casablanca. Many new or redefined pistes, hotels and petrol stations.

See http://www.island-olaf.de/travel/marokko/gps.html for details. Unless you particularly want the topo overlay with contour lines, I normally install just the road/piste maps.

Tim

Thanks Tim.

A tip when you have installed the roads only and not the contour lines: Select the tiles one by one and make sure that no map in the Mapsource pane has a "Topo" in the "Area". If you just zoom out and do the whole of Morocco with a click and drag then a "Topo" may pop up and you will get a failure during the "Building maps set...." I don't know why this can happen but it can.

how do i upload these maps onto my street pilot 2610. have version 9 already loaded.

Uploading maps to the 2610 flash card wipes out what's there already. If you already have most of Europe on your flash card you would need to include that in the Morocco download. Which would take forever.

The best thing is to buy a small capacity flash card (64MB or bigger) just for Morocco maps.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom