Red Tread .. anyone used them?

Deleted Member I

At the NEC this year, saw the Red Tread stand again. Really want to do one of their tours/holidays.

Based in Southern Spain and off road riding with tuition. Also they are tied to Mick Extance who I spoke to a year before. Seem like a top bloke and quite inspirational in what he has achieved.

Any of you out there, been on these trips? What are they like for the slow and timid rider? :nenau

Nope but I have had a look at there web site looks good
wouldn't mind a bash long weekend

I thought that too .. especially when you compare the price against the BMW off road course in Wales. You get pukka Honda machines with all riding gear included.

Only possible bummer is cost of repairs if you drop the bike :rolleyes:

I went for a weeks tour with Redtread a few years ago and had a blast. I think it was Mike Findlow as lead rider at the time and he would use ANY excuse to get in the seat and go riding. Got good enough by day four to throw myself (and bike) into a cliff face- that hurt. Accomodation was spot on, as was Nerja for a base. Me and Kirst used Toro-Trail last New Year to get Kirst some off-roady experience. Lydon and John were great guys and again Allerain-El-Grande a great base. I think the main thing you have to make QUITE clear with these companys is your level of competence.
Henry

I was with them last year and I had a great time. I had only been off road once or twice before I went and had only been riding four months... but they still took care of me. Ian is a top rider and Sal really takes care of everyone.

Here are some of my pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasemarkos/sets/72157594501010615/

Go for it! :thumb

Doh :blast Thought my sig was the same here as on ADVRider :blast

All the gear, no idea!

Andalucian trail tours do not charge for damage to the bike as long as you act reasonably and follow the instructions of the guide. From my experiences with them you would need to be a right nobber to end up getting charged, they accept offs and drops are part and parcel.

Andalucian trail tours do not charge for damage to the bike as long as you act reasonably and follow the instructions of the guide. From my experiences with them you would need to be a right nobber to end up getting charged, they accept offs and drops are part and parcel.

The one you posted looks very similar. Are they beginner friendly?

So what do you think? A short two day trip or a full one week jobbie?

The one you posted looks very similar. Are they beginner friendly?

So what do you think? A short two day trip or a full one week jobbie?

Very. They will adjust the riding to suit who is there. Two days can be be plenty hard enough if you are a novice. When I first went I did two days in Trabuco with Andy to get started, had a day off to tour around (beautiful so worth it) and then a couple of days with the Carrot. The second time (as I am now hardcore :augie ;) :thedummy) I went just to Competa with the Carrot for two days, and also did a couple of days on quads for a change. He has so much riding there he will put something to suit any level. I am going again but not until mid next year I think. Oh, the kit is good too they supply everthing if you need it and it is not tatty.

Redtread do have many happy customers tho read a lot of praise of them, but I prefer the smaller setup of trailtours and also being able to do your own thing in the eve. I'm not sure the big social place redtread have would suit me, unless going in a group.

i can recommend these:

i can personally recommend these chaps:
http://www.trailblazers-spain.com/index2.htm
weve been twice now, and planning out third trip, if you read trails bike magazine (TBM), they did a review on all these spanish off road companies, and they faired very well, no charge for breakages, and boy did we bust a few bits....
strangely they work out cheaper than going to wales, and the suns out most times!!!
free hire car if party over 4 people, if over six people you get a £30 per person discount.
They cater for all abilities too
scenery fantastic,bars and food absolutely fab and cheap.
Graham and Liz the owners are an absolute scream.
Whilst Mel from tbm was there, we rode together, and boy can she ride!!!
regards Paul:beerjug:

i can personally recommend these chaps:
http://www.trailblazers-spain.com/index2.htm
weve been twice now, and planning out third trip, if you read trails bike magazine (TBM), they did a review on all these spanish off road companies, and they faired very well, no charge for breakages, and boy did we bust a few bits....
strangely they work out cheaper than going to wales, and the suns out most times!!!
free hire car if party over 4 people, if over six people you get a £30 per person discount.
They cater for all abilities too
scenery fantastic,bars and food absolutely fab and cheap.
Graham and Liz the owners are an absolute scream.
Whilst Mel from tbm was there, we rode together, and boy can she ride!!!
regards Paul:beerjug:

Thanks I will check them out! :thumb2

Novice - since you posted this I have been looking into it as well. My wife tried to buy me the BMW course for Xmas but could not book an open date or buy vouchers so told me to book it myself (she was not impressed with their sales team). RedTread looks like a great alternative and I like the fact that my wife can come along and stay for the weekend as well. I am also enquiring if a more experienced friend was to come along the same weekend, could he ride in a different group or do they only run one type of ride at a time. I will let you know if I book it.

Cheers

David

Novice - since you posted this I have been looking into it as well. My wife tried to buy me the BMW course for Xmas but could not book an open date or buy vouchers so told me to book it myself (she was not impressed with their sales team). RedTread looks like a great alternative and I like the fact that my wife can come along and stay for the weekend as well. I am also enquiring if a more experienced friend was to come along the same weekend, could he ride in a different group or do they only run one type of ride at a time. I will let you know if I book it.

Cheers

David

Please look here :D

Back
Top Bottom