my garmin 60cs now thinks it is a 76c

Deleted account D

after getting my garmin 60cs wet, and having dried it out, it now thinks it is a 76c and the screen is upside down.

How bizzarre!!

I would imagine if you do a software upgrade to the unit it'll revert it back to a 60cs, the spec's between the 60 and 76 series are very similar except the 76 series is more marine use, so it makes sense for a manufacturer to use common motherboards and change the use via software.

I would imagine if you do a software upgrade to the unit it'll revert it back to a 60cs, the spec's between the 60 and 76 series are very similar except the 76 series is more marine use, so it makes sense for a manufacturer to use common motherboards and change the use via software.

tried that still thinks it is a 76c ???

sent question to garmin

usefull reply from garmin............not

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting Garmin(Europe)Ltd.

I don't even know how it has managed (or how this is possible) for the
GPS to have the GPSMAP 76C software on it, unless someone has tried to
load it on, but unless this was done a certain way, our updater program
would not allow this anyway.

My sons 60Csx suddenly decided it was a 60C, he tried a hard reset and installing the latest software but it made no difference, it was returned to Garmin who replaced it with a new one :thumb2

Re Spark Plug Cover

Apologies for high jacking the thread Dave but I have still got the Spark Plug Cover you wanted. Have you sent the cash, has it got lost in the post :nenau
Drop me a line
Andy :beerjug:

Apologies for high jacking the thread Dave but I have still got the Spark Plug Cover you wanted. Have you sent the cash, has it got lost in the post :nenau
Drop me a line
Andy :beerjug:

apologies Andy, ive been a right twat. can you send me you details again ?:eek:

how much was it also?

can you accept paypal?

Back
Top Bottom