XChallenge Gearing

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Standard is 15:47 and want to lower it a bit

So I can either go 15:49 ( I have a new rear talon 49T sprocket in stock from a 650GS)

Or........

14:47 (and buy a new 14T front sprocket from Talon)

So which is best...........

15:49 or 14:47??

Best for what?:aidan

Lowering the gearing, Tosser:blast

Which option lowers the gearing the most...........obviously a 14t sprocket is cheapest and easiest...........but I have a new 49T sprocket in stock already.........so just a thought from the pogo types

How's the Berg??

I would try 14:95...
Might make it go like the HP2 to 20 mph :augie

obviously a 14t sprocket is cheapest and easiest...........but I have a new 49T sprocket in stock already.........

How's the Berg??

Now there's a dilema Johnny, being a Yorkshire man:D

Buy a 14T front then you have several options, personally I would go for 14:49 for offroading a 650.

Hi gents,

In the interests of my education and 800gs readines, are all sprockets and rear cogs made to the same mounting sizes?, i.e. could I get any old front sprocket for a yamasuzusakiktmberg and bob it onto the 800, or are bmw cogs "special" ??:confused:

gearing

14/47 will be the best & the chain might work ok unlikely to work with 15/49 but as the man said 14/49 probably the way to go for decent offroading, cos they arent as tractable as you might like for this time of year & it will be easier to get that front end over the logs

Hi gents,

In the interests of my education and 800gs readines, are all sprockets and rear cogs made to the same mounting sizes?, i.e. could I get any old front sprocket for a yamasuzusakiktmberg and bob it onto the 800, or are bmw cogs "special" ??:confused:

No, 'cogs' may be specific to the 800....there again, they may not be.

still confused?:aidan

a bigger front sprocket is better for your chain life

Back
Top Bottom