Oh I do like to be beside the seaside....

JimboGSA

Reaction score
started out well enough, dunes, sun out, photo and an ice cream...
DSC01023.jpg

:augie
DSC01024.jpg

DSC01025.jpg

did manage to get it out eventually! coast guard was considered at one point as the sea lapped around my boots!! :D look out dakar here i come! :blast

nice picture you might want to wash it off, cos the old salty crap with eat the HP to bits in minutes...

nice picture you might want to wash it off, cos the old salty crap with eat the HP to bits in minutes...

first thing I did when I got back that afternoon was wash it off!

then went out on a road ride that same day and promptly had a head on collision! but that and my new broken hand is another set of photos and story! :rolleyes:

thank got for the boxer engine in all its daft stiki-out-ness glory or my knee would now be a mess :eek:

Great pictures but your mad doing that on such an expensive bike.

When I was younger I did a bit of moto X. We had a new bike every year and one of the last races we did before selling the bike was a beach race. We cleaned the bikes straight after the race before we even loaded them into the van. We couldn't get rid of all the salt.

Hope you did.

Cheers.

Nope!

I hope your joking....:eek:

Wish I was mate, full on head-on collison in those lovely quaint blind cornered cornish lanes, wiped out the right side of the bike, I went headfirst into the A pillar, then headbutted the tarmac for good measure, bike then crashed onto lefthand side. Estimate awaits but damage gotta be in excess of £2000 easily, new forks, new front wheel, complete new exhaust, new plastics, new grips, etc etc

got off lightly with a broken meta wotsit bone in my hand and a grazed knee. Lost my memory for about 5 minutes which was weird, didn't know who I was or where I was going, but as I lay on the ground apparently politely asked someone in the gathering crowd to turn my ignition key off to save the new battery! :thedummy

reckon the golf estate that was involved is a write off! driver couldnt open his door such was the impact...:eek:

well glad your still able to trample about on gods good earth.:thumb2

well glad your still able to trample about on gods good earth.:thumb2

And me! we all moan about these beemers but if it'd have been any of my old bikes it would be a completely different story. On first inspection the bike didn't look to bad...

For a split second on new years day I thought, is this biking thing worth it? Then i thought well whats life if you don't do the things you enjoy doing! So here's to a good year of biking!

Think it'll be back on a GSA though as I reckon ABS could have made a big difference, remeber the front bars skipping from left to right and front wheel bounding towards said golf, locked up on me a few times that day, not sure if I was to heavy on the brakes, used to ABS/paralever or what but scared the heck out of me at the time. Its a beast alright!

Great pic/sorry

Great pic's, were you on your own, kin hell you must be 1 strong fella to get that out of the sand, still it is lighter than std 1, bet you wished you'd stayed on the beach :blast, hope you get back to full fitness soon, 08 not started to well for ya, hope it and you improve, kind regards Dusan :thumb2
Hey keep us informed too, cheers :beerjug:

Great pic's, were you on your own, kin hell you must be 1 strong fella to get that out of the sand, still it is lighter than std 1, bet you wished you'd stayed on the beach :blast, hope you get back to full fitness soon, 08 not started to well for ya, hope it and you improve, kind regards Dusan :thumb2
Hey keep us informed too, cheers :beerjug:

cheers friend! took some doing! sort of running then jumping on once it'd got traction! difference in weight helped alot!

ebike claim now in progress...

exhaust after it restyled the front end of a mark 3 golf...
DSC01026.jpg

Estimate awaits but damage gotta be in excess of £2000 easily, new forks.........
You'd of needed some soon anyway :D

I did hear of a lot of new HP2 owners crashing theirs in the first few weeks of ownership, so I took things easy. Didn't stop me running up the back of lorry though :blast Flighty buggers aren't they :D

Hope you're OK (after the adrenalin wears off :rolleyes:)

yeah I've got an exhaust pipe bent up like that as well cos mine's an ex schools bike from wales still runs alright I will fix it one day but can't be bothered I'm sure I'll be off it again before too long...:augie

Jesus H Doughnut, what the feck you playin at you pasty humpin Brummie Redneck.....

You've only had the thing 5 minutes and you've broke it! Told ya to come the 'DD HP Sauce riding school' before you let r'ip' on the feckin thing!

You best stick to those girlie GS things with car brakes.....:hide

I'm glad you're ok though ya feckin freak. With a bit of luck, you may have forgotten who the feck I am with this transient amneasia...:thumb

I'll call ya to check ya bollox are still intact?

Jesus H Doughnut, what the feck you playin at you pasty humpin Brummie Redneck.....

You've only had the thing 5 minutes and you've broke it! Told ya to come the 'DD HP Sauce riding school' before you let r'ip' on the feckin thing!

You best stick to those girlie GS things with car brakes.....:hide

I'm glad you're ok though ya feckin freak. With a bit of luck, you may have forgotten who the feck I am with this transient amneasia...:thumb

I'll call ya to check ya bollox are still intact?

ha ha you pikey nonse, unfortunately the first thing i remembered as i got back my memory was it was seeing your rusty wreck of a hp2 that got me into getting one!

right who's selling off a 12gsa then, HP2, one careful owner for part ex? :augie

broken meta wotsit

Wish I was mate, full on head-on collison in those lovely quaint blind cornered cornish lanes, wiped out the right side of the bike, I went headfirst into the A pillar, then headbutted the tarmac for good measure, bike then crashed onto lefthand side. Estimate awaits but damage gotta be in excess of £2000 easily, new forks, new front wheel, complete new exhaust, new plastics, new grips, etc etc

got off lightly with a broken meta wotsit bone in my hand and a grazed knee. Lost my memory for about 5 minutes which was weird, didn't know who I was or where I was going, but as I lay on the ground apparently politely asked someone in the gathering crowd to turn my ignition key off to save the new battery! :thedummy

reckon the golf estate that was involved is a write off! driver couldnt open his door such was the impact...:eek:

ive done the same in the past, i sincerely hope you make a full recovery, the bike is only a lump of metal [an expensive one i grant you] good health to you mate

I am thinking of making the transition from a RT to a HP and your story is eye opener .I loved the HP on the test ride , maybe I was going a bit faster or it felt like that ,but I had fun ,back to biking , no ESA,ABS,CD player heated this or heated that .Then I met LO-IQ ( at Vines ) covered in shit from head to toe , he has been out on his HP off roading and he had some fun . He did tell me that the HP was a beast and could bite back . I am in a dilemma:(, I have to make a decision by Friday....I like the RT too it is a good bike but in a different way...Did any one made such a transition?
Hope you mend soon!

I wish you a speedy recovery Jimbo. :thumb2

Was the Golf driver in the wrong? I hope he was so you will at least have some redress. :)

Speedy recovery Jim.

Has Mav started asking if he can have some of the bits of your bike for spares yet?:D

Back
Top Bottom