First one of '08

MMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Evening all,

After Clive's superb MMC replacement (almost certainly better company than the real thing and less likely to bitch about speed cameras), it's time we booked a first one for this year. How about Thursday 24th at the G&D again - it's practically spring by then... :D

MMC :thumb

Good to hear from you, Mark - happy New Year!

It would be great to find out that you are not only a chimaera but unfortunately Possu and I will be in Austria skiing on the 24th... :(

Have fun though! :thumb

Btw, while you are here: what about "unstickying" the "9th one for 2007" thread, Mr Moderator? :augie

I can confirm that MMC is indeed real & not just a pigment of someones warped mind, I had the misfortune to meet him when he popped in recently, a poor end to the year if I say so myself, here's to a better 2008....... :augie

Doubt Mark would actually turn up on the 24th anyway?

Good to hear from you, Mark - happy New Year!

It would be great to find out that you are not only a chimaera but unfortunately Possu and I will be in Austria skiing on the 24th... :(

Have fun though! :thumb

Btw, while you are here: what about "unstickying" the "9th one for 2007" thread, Mr Moderator? :augie

No, I am a chimaera - I don't exist at all. Or rather, I only exist in the one-dimensional space that is known as 'my office' :D

And thread unsticked - your wish is my command!

I can confirm that MMC is indeed real & not just a pigment of someones warped mind, I had the misfortune to meet him when he popped in recently, a poor end to the year if I say so myself, here's to a better 2008....... :augie

Doubt Mark would actually turn up on the 24th anyway?

Yeah, funny - I thought I'd go and wish Steve compliments of the season and see if he had a decent 1150 for me to buy. But no, all I got were insults and no bike.

Thank god - situation normal then :D

Don't break anything, eh? And yes, I know I'm a fine one to talk!

4th Thursday, I thought was the plan - it's just Possu and Pumpy need to get away to spend their ill-gotten gains and since this year will be a year of back-to back holidays and good times they need to start early!

I'm OK for it, though:beerjug:

Might even be on me shiny new bike:D

Not quite there yet Mr Smith, just need to sell an F800GS to a young lady from out Ipsden way - Jane something or other, she might have the misfortune to be acquainted with you. :dunno

Had a slight altercation with Possu yesterday.
Ended up putting a deposit on new bike.:thumb2
Now have Dakar for sale.
Looking forward to next week and getting out for a drink or three.:beer:

clive

He'll be retiring soon! Still, I think the deal is buy 2 get one free and so far I've bought 2 bikes from Possu and my brother has bought 1, so happy days for the next one:thumb2

Don't hold your breath, Martin: went to NOG on Possu's day off and told them I was your sister - so I got the free bike... :D

There is a slight possibility I will be in Moscow but if I'm not then I will be there. :thumb2

I've bought two off Possu as well. So which will I choose for my free one? A difficult choice but I'm sure I'll work it out.

He'll be retiring soon! Still, I think the deal is buy 2 get one free and so far I've bought 2 bikes from Possu and my brother has bought 1, so happy days for the next one:thumb2

I now can't make it as I will be in Moscow. Bugger. :blast

Anyway, I will see you in Feb. :thumb2

I'm up for that as long as work doesn't send me somewhere silly first. This will be my first one, what's is the format? Do I just turn up and look for blokes in leathers with lids under the table?

See you all then,
Jon.:beerjug:

Jon, here's the pub.

Very informal, but 1st timers are usually requested to wear a silly hat, maybe something like this:
images

Oh, and obviously buy the beer for the "regulars":beerjug:

See you then - people start arriving about 7. The latest anyone turned up was my mate Pete who got lost and got there just as we were all leaving - so don't do that!

ps - get there early for the rather excellent Thai curry

Do I just turn up and look for blokes in leathers with lids under the table?
Be careful, a local Fetish club also meets there.

If you are asked "Are you new? Put your helmet under this table"...

you'll still be none the wiser :D

Hi Jon, let me give you some hints that might prevent you from feeling foolish:

1) Not all of us wear leathers

2) Not all of us are blokes

3) The chairman of the local Fetish club looks like this:

232005122-M.jpg

See you next month, we are off skiing tomorrow morning... :D

Back
Top Bottom