Deadskin

Reaction score
Getting my XChallenge soon and want some knobblies i'm thinking
of TKC80's,
i've used them on my 1150 and they gave good grip on the dirt
and weren't too bad on the road :)

Any other suggestions :nenau

Some favour a Dunlop D606 on the rear and Pirelli MT21 on the front

Me............i'm going to fit a pair of MT21's or a pair of Dunlop Moto X tyres, with rimlocks

MT21s for most of the time, except when it's really muddy, like now, and you'll need AC-10s or similar.
TKCs are not much of an off-road tyre for this type of bike.

MT 21's me arse

I would let you away with rear ..... but not for the front something pointy if not doing a lot of roadwork ... michelin enduro 4 on front for trail use try michelin T66's MT21's no use in soft or sand

you should know better jockser

pg

maybe just maybe

if you had the right tyres you would not fall off .... and then again trying to ride the bike with a lit fag is pushing it

pg

if you had the right tyres you would not fall off .... and then again trying to ride the bike with a lit fag is pushing it

pg

Phil, you're bang out of order there...
..every time I fell off it was 'coz my fag had gone out.

I know there are better tyres for off-road than the MT21's but if you're doing
half road/half trail they are a good compromise. I had them on a KLX 650 and
thought they were great. :thumb2
Having said that, they were CR4P in the Sand and slippy stuff compared to the spikey-er tyres. :eek:

Each to his own. :nenau

Forget about the MT 21 on the front stick on the Michie Enduro loads of feel plenty of grip on & offroad but remember to fit rim locks, MT 21 on the rear they just tend to go square & give what feels like worst of both worlds, poor grip offroad even in the dry & a square road tyre but if you run with full enduro tyre at the rear on the road your going to have some fun at this time of year spinning up on throttle, locking up on quick throttling off & changing down along with poor tyre life.

Back
Top Bottom