Laminar Lip

stuart

Has anyone got one of these?

Does it work?

Is there anywhere in the UK that stock them?

Has anyone got one of these?

Does it work?

Is there anywhere in the UK that stock them?

I have one on my 1200. There isn't a European or UK importer let alone a stockist. I bought mine from the "factory" in Orange County California in 2005. They were really nice guys and did me a great deal for cash.

It certainly works for me on my 1200. However I was talking to a friend just the other night who had one fitted to his F650GS but it kept falling off. The curvature of the screen is such that the Duolocks which work so well on my 1200 don't do the same job on the 650. Laminar Lip told him that they'd come across the problem and advised him to drill his screen and fit the Lip with the plastic nuts and bolts which they supply. He gave up and fitted a a Puig screen at that point.

He might still have the Laminar Lip going a-begging if you want it. I could ask..... He's in Bedford.

If you could ask your mate if he still has it that would be cool.
Also, I should have said this in the original message, I have the black Dakar screen fitted.

Thanks,
Stuart.

I bought one last week and I`m impressed. I`m 6` + and I wound it up to 100 on the track on a windy day and it was a pleasure...instead of hanging on for dear life it was quite relaxing

update

:clap

Mine arrived within a few days of ordering. Was easy to fit with 2 of us - me sat on the bike, my other half checking the exact position.

Finally had the chance last night to get the bike up to some speed and happily :bounce1 cruised along the motorway at 80. Couldn't have done that before with any degree of comfort, so only used the higher speeds for overtakes.

Jo

correction

:clap

Mine arrived within a few days of ordering. Was easy to fit with 2 of us - me sat on the bike, my other half checking the exact position.

Finally had the chance last night to get the bike up to some speed and happily :bounce1 cruised along the motorway at 80. Couldn't have done that before with any degree of comfort, so only used the higher speeds for overtakes.

Jo

Please note that neither Physiojo nor I condone speeding in any circumstances and the clock speed of 80 was not her true speed as I can verify from having followed her on my 1200.:augie Honest officer.

the lamina lip does seem to do what it says on the tin, for not a lot of dosh. You need to be careful to clean the screen first very carefully using window cleaner or similar. THen give it time to set properly.

Regards,

Path.

Noted Shtum earlier saying he got 1 from the factory. My brother lives in Orange co. and is coming over shortly to buy me beers:beerjug:
Sure he could squeeze one in the case for my Dakar, what is the name of the company, do u have an address, web or postal.
Anyone else got experience of one of these on a 4 screw screen Dakar?

Back
Top Bottom