Help with trip to Estonia

nipcurrent

Reaction score
I'm planning a short trip in June to estonia and would like any advice on ferry routes. I intend to get the Harwich - Esbjerg ferry across into Denmark before setting off to sweden accross the new bridge linking denmark to sweden. I strugelling to find a suitable ferry from sweden to Estonia. Any experience of suitable ferry routes? What routes would you recommend after crossing the bridge. End point of trip south estonia not far from the boarder.
Also any idears on a return route.

Thanks in Anticipation

ferries

have looked at the stockholme tallin ferry option but cant find any time tables and or costs. other than in estonia which unfortunatly are unable to translate

Return route...
latvia lithuania poland germany holland hull.:)
all by motorway nearly (theres still some gaps in poland i think although they are building them fast)if you want and completely unadventurous. Or you can take a week and see some good stuff. Last time i went we went via czeck republic aswell. Instead of harwich esjberg on your outbound route how about newcastle/norway then straight across to stockholm rather than the longer drive up denmark? Whichever, its a great part of the world to explore. Have a good trip!

Instead of harwich esjberg on your outbound route how about newcastle/norway then straight across to stockholm rather than the longer drive up denmark? Whichever, its a great part of the world to explore. Have a good trip!

Sounds like the best idea to me. Thats what a group of us did in May last year, Norway was the best bit .:thumb

have had a look at direct ferries but cant seem to find the route in the booking section to enable time tables and cost to be viewed.
is this due to the route time not published untill latter on in the year?

have had a look at direct ferries but cant seem to find the route in the booking section to enable time tables and cost to be viewed.
is this due to the route time not published untill latter on in the year?

If you click on Ferry Guide at the top of Direct Ferries website,then scroll down to Ferries to Estonia,all the info is there!

Done that route many times,though mostly I go via Poland.

ferries

I'm planning a short trip in June to estonia and would like any advice on ferry routes. I intend to get the Harwich - Esbjerg ferry across into Denmark before setting off to sweden accross the new bridge linking denmark to sweden. I strugelling to find a suitable ferry from sweden to Estonia. Any experience of suitable ferry routes? What routes would you recommend after crossing the bridge. End point of trip south estonia not far from the boarder.
Also any idears on a return route.

Thanks in Anticipation

you could travel up to newcastle and get ferry to bergen , norway , then ride across to stockholm in sweden for ferry to tallin estonia, fantastic ferry, we did it a few years back with tossers

Tallink Ferry

Contacted direct ferries by phone to be informed that they no longer deal with Tallink. So contacted direct via telephone number on there international web site. Spoke to a nice lady who sorted out all the booking details and at a very fair price. So all sorted now and just waiting for the days to pass until D Day

If interested have booked the following
31st may Newcastle to Stavanger
Stavanger to Stockholm
Stockholm to Tallin
Tallin to Voru (Estonia)
Return
Voru to Gdynia
Ggynia to Karlskrona
Karlskrona to Esbjerg
Esbjerg to Harwick

Any one interested in joining?

Hi Nipcurrent

I went Newcastle-Stavanger-Stockholm-Tallinn last year. I found the Stockholm-Tallinn ferry journey one of the nicest I've been on as it sailed up the east coast of Sweden, although the weather was nice which helps.

If you haven't been in Norway before, remember the going can be slow. And it could be cold.

Have a good trip.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom