Route to Perugia

Navy Boy

Reaction score
;)

I'm going to be heading down to Perugia in Jul time, probably going from Portsmouth to Le Havre.

Any suggestions for the best route considering we're looking to take 4 days for the trip so we can afford to take a scenic route.

Thoughts thus far are via Bourg St Maurice then following the coast before heading inland to Perugia.

Thanks,

:thumb2

We did Perugia to the uk in the reverse to your plan.

The Romantiche Strasse (Romantic Road) is a good ride through Bavaria leading through a little Austria and Switzerland leading onto the north side of Lake Como. Stay at lake Como for a night, its lovely!!! :D

At the start of the Romantiche Strasse you will find Nurburing, and Wunderlich, both worth a visit.

Riding the West coast of italy via Pisa onto Perugia.

We stayed at a nice 18-30s style modern campsite on the outskirts of Perugia and it was great. Perfect in every way, positioned on the edge of a lake.

I hope you mean 4 days to get there, and not total for the trip as its at least 3 days to get to Perugia unless you REALLY hate you bike and bum.

PM if you wanna know any more. :thumb2

:)

Thanks Zerocool.

For some reason I can't get a PM to work.

Yes, I was referring to 4 days to get there. I'd also like to take in the Stelvio Pass on the way back.

Please send me some more detail of your route if you can.

:thumb

Navy Boy

You have to be a Forum Sponsor to PM other member's, the sponsorship also open's other area's of the forum to you which you won't have access to at the moment

Check the top of the page and click to subscribe I think the current fee is £12

:beerjug:
Schultz

Back
Top Bottom