London, Vienna, Venice March 2008?

John Soones

Hi, I'm picking up my new GSA 1st March. 3 weeks later I'd like to go to Vienna from London, then go south to Venice, probably Genoa, then Nice and home.

Has anyone any experience of DB Autozug and any pointers?

I'm checking possible routes. I like the idea of getting on a train in say Dusseldorf, then going overnight to Salzburg, then really start my trip. Which passes will be practical going south or should I skirt the Alps?

This is my first posting so please be kind. I've picked up a lot of very good information from these forums already, but now for someting specific.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm picking up my new GSA 1st March. 3 weeks later I'd like to go to Vienna from London, then go south to Venice, probably Genoa, then Nice and home.

Has anyone any experience of DB Autozug and any pointers?

I'm checking possible routes. I like the idea of getting on a train in say Dusseldorf, then going overnight to Salzburg, then really start my trip. Which passes will be practical going south or should I skirt the Alps?

This is my first posting so please be kind. I've picked up a lot of very good information from these forums already, but now for someting specific.

Thanks in advance.

In short, the motorway passes will be open, unless it is snowing like hell. A close friend of mine skated in the British speed skating team in the mid-60's / early '70s. He and his mates spent all their time driving around the colder spots of central Europe, competing in the European / World / Olympic championships, throughout all the winter months, without too many great disasters.

It will probably be cold, but I guess you know that.

Several folk on this site have taken the DB Autozug train. Someone will be along shortly to tell you all about it, no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom