Garmisch Partenkirchen 2008 - Any news?

Gerry

I can't find any information regarding Garmisch Partenkirchen and whether the biker meeting, or whatever it's now called, will take place in 2008, all of the BMW Motoradd pages simply provide reviews of the 2007 event. Of course this may be due to the limited internet I have available at work.....

Has anyone heard if it will be happening in 2008?

Gerry

Its on the weekend of 5/6th july. Thinking of going and making it a long weekend, probably camping. Would be nice to tag along with some other GSers if possible. My wife said i could have a weekend pass if im a good boy for the next few months.

I am no means an expert on here and seeing your number of posts you are not either....This is what i have to say on this event.

Go because you have probably not been before :nenau However i dont think that after that you would return!!! Maybe others would disagree? Only my opinion remember.

I did enjoy myself last year but not enough to warrant going again this. Plus i have not got a bike at the mo lol :D

The ride down was good (raining) and the :beer: was even better....take your wallet and get yourselves out for some ride outs while your there...its worth the travelling down just to do that. Speak to short001 to find out the name of the Canyon/Waterfall thingy that we visited....Great...

Whatever you do guys have a good time...Then post on here to let us know how you got on :thumb

Mac

ryan air is the answer

If you like the thought of 30.000 bm pilots worshippng at the alter of the blue and white roundel, Garmish is the place for you.. If you can get a cheap flight down for the week end, go for it , bring your bike gear with you and talk miles and tell lies with the every one else at the beer tent... Count the rally jackets ! Kick the tyres ,, buy the stickers....:beerjug:

Macca2321

I dont see how my number of posts on this site relaits to my motorcycling expertise. Just fancied riding somewhere for the weekend so the idea from Somclan also seems pointless.I also dont feel the urge to tell lies about my 25 years of biking. Have ridden through this area of southern Germany on plenty of occasions so i am well aware of whats on offer. The other thing that seems to erk me is the people who slag off all things BMW because they see themselves as ubercool, but hang around on this site and own a ******* BMW. Sorry turning into a rant, better have a cup of tea.

I am no means an expert on here.This is what i have to say on this event.

Go because you have probably not been before :nenau However i dont think that after that you would return!!! Maybe others would disagree? Only my opinion remember.

I did enjoy myself last year but not enough to warrant going again this. Plus i have not got a bike at the mo lol :D

Whatever you do guys have a good time...Then post on here to let us know how you got on :thumb

Mac

I didn't think there was anything up with his post. I'm sure he didn't mean to offend.
Actually I don't think it was aimed at you anyway!

You Tosser! :D

Last edited:
Had my tea, sorry guys, was a bit of a nob yesterday.
Anyway i still fancy a ride down just to see what its all about.

You gotta see it

You really got to have a look see... The first time I went it blew my mind..To see so many Bms parked up at the one time is wild... Some very interesting vendors selling some bolt on stuff... Some tasty tuned bikes... lots and lots of people... Accomadation can be at a premium ... Camping was free but the official sites soon fill up with the overflows getting a little further away form the event... Cool stunt rider guy there .... Lots of party oppurtunity... On my second visit the rose tinted visor was a little faded and I started to notice how much the corporate machine is sucking people in ( me included ) On a short walk to town from the campsite I used to watch the groups of bikes rolling by and calculate how much money each group cost... 5 Italiens there all two up with all the stuff and all the kit on this years bikes... 7 Germans over there head to toe BMW gortex , all boxes ticked on the option list ,this years bikes and so on ... Made me think just how much money BMW must make every year... Anyway lots of interesting things there... Look out for Karl the GARMIN rep.. He not officially allowed inside the compound because as we all know if you wish to buy a GPS from BMV you must buy a navigator ... Karl does a good trade outside the gate .. Ask him about his Naimbia trips on a twenty year old airhead 80 gs... Nearly time for my cup of tea:thumb2

I'm going, ferry from Newcastle on the 2nd, staying Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights in Garmisch. Plan to do Gross Glockner on Saturday and Stelvio on Sunday (weather and beer consumption permitting) before heading back North on Monday & ferry back home on the 9th.

The Gorge

The gorge is a 3 minute ride from the event, as is called the Parnache Gorge (or something like that). You go to where the ski jump is, park your bike and it is a 10 min walk up a road/path. It costs around €2 to walk through, but well worth it!
Just next to the ski jump there are some tabogans which are a good laugh. It is quite a steep slope, and takes a brave man to come down full pelt.
The furthest you will camp from the main event is around 300 meters, which I think is ok. You will likely have to park your bike on the main parking area (not next to your tent) but again this will be anything from 20 to 300 metres from your tent. Your bike will be safe, and will blend in nicely with the other 8,000 GS's and 22,000 other BM's.
I would certainly go for a day and a night then take the opportunity to have a blast round the Bavarian area. Saturday night is normally the best, but I don't think it really matters.
There isn't a lot to buy, most of the stalls are only there to advertise and don't have a huge stock to sell.
It is free to get in, free to camp, beer is great and is reasonably priced and the food is reasonable as well.
I have been the last 2 years, but it is only a 880 mile round trip for me. Voyager would sometimes do that in one day!
I will be in Canada so wont be this year.

If anyones goes will they get me a T Shirt please?

Regards,

Dave :beerjug:

gorge

It is the Partnach Gorge - (Partnachklamm in German)

Check google and you will see some pics, but they don't do it justice!

Make sure you nip down to Innsbruck :thumb Don't forget though to buy a Vignette for Austria though.. about 4 euro ;)

Innsbruck lovely, and a nice ride down and back along the fernpass :)

Attachments

• R0010263_vectorized.png  55.png 1.png
    R0010263_vectorized.png 55.png 1.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 157
Had my tea, sorry guys, was a bit of a nob yesterday.
Anyway i still fancy a ride down just to see what its all about.

:thumb I No way meant to offend and the number of posts things was just me thinking that you had not been on here asking about Garmisch etc. So i replied with what i thought about it. Like i said i am not an expert..far from it.

You WILL enjoy it trust me...no way am i anti BMW it was a great experience...I will wait till maybe next year or the year after,just not something i would do every year personally.

And read above about the Gorge. Well worth a visit :thumb

Mac :roll

Macca2321

I was having a bad day, sorry mate need to engage brain before typing, all advice is gladly accepted, hopefully one day i will be able to buy you a pint,i must look like a right w**ker, but then again i am a Tosser.

Macca2321

I was having a bad day, sorry mate need to engage brain before typing, all advice is gladly accepted, hopefully one day i will be able to buy you a pint,i must look like a right w**ker, but then again i am a Tosser.

Not at all mate I'll hold you to that :beer: though one day :thumb Tosser you are..as I but certainly not a W**ker :thumb

Back
Top Bottom