Hi from Perú

Bluebull2007

Hi guys, gals

Im settling down here in Perú and now that that is done, we´re gonna buy two new bikes a 650GS for the mrs and a dakar for me. Only problem is..theres no BMW motorrad in Peru, so: We have to

A) Buy bikes in Europe remotely and ship em over here or
B) Buy bikes in Chile or Argentina and ride them back.

We prefer dirt roads, but hey crossing South America is mostly dirt and what we have in mind so that should be cool. Another possible advantage is we will pay less duty on 2nd hand bikes when we come into Perú.

Any advice as to how to go about this would be greatly appreciated. Oh ja, I meant to add, I have a set of aftermarket panniers, crash bars etc. from my bike in Ghana (we sold the bike). We will prolly purchase panniers and stuff for the other bike and ship them out here too, and add them on before the trip.

Once we are back in Lima, the plan is to do long weekend trip and holiday on bikes to surrounding countryside and countries. Should be able to build up some great reports.

Cheers.

Peru, fantastic !! :thumb

You have just got to share some ride reports with us when you get settled in. I'd love to see Peru on a bike.

Welcome to UKGSer, dont be afraid to join in where you can. Its always good to have new 'virtual voices' amongst us.

Have fun :)

Hi guys, gals

Im settling down here in Perú and now that that is done, we´re gonna buy two new bikes a 650GS for the mrs and a dakar for me. Only problem is..theres no BMW motorrad in Peru, so: We have to

A) Buy bikes in Europe remotely and ship em over here or
B) Buy bikes in Chile or Argentina and ride them back.

We prefer dirt roads, but hey crossing South America is mostly dirt and what we have in mind so that should be cool. Another possible advantage is we will pay less duty on 2nd hand bikes when we come into Perú.

Any advice as to how to go about this would be greatly appreciated. Oh ja, I meant to add, I have a set of aftermarket panniers, crash bars etc. from my bike in Ghana (we sold the bike). We will prolly purchase panniers and stuff for the other bike and ship them out here too, and add them on before the trip.

Once we are back in Lima, the plan is to do long weekend trip and holiday on bikes to surrounding countryside and countries. Should be able to build up some great reports.

Cheers.

Welcome to the site :thumb

Looking forward to some nice pictures of your trip :)

Hi Bluebull,

First of all - hello and welcome :thumb

If you decide to go down the shipping route then have a look at the James Cargo website. They have considerable experience of shipping bikes to the Americas and have always been really helpful.

:)

Back
Top Bottom