Recommend a hotel Nr Potes in the Pico's please

squid

Reaction score
There are 5 of us needing to book a couple of nights in May for the start of a trip. This will be the first 2 nights after arriving via the ferry.

It will be a base to explore some of the Pico's. Therefore looking at somewhere nr/in Potes with safe parking and evening entertainment:beer:

Any recommendations re the hotel and advice re somewhere for a drink/meal in the evening.

Cheers Rob

The Hotel Del Oso is a good hotel, well priced and great food.

You take the road to Fuenta De and it's a few miles up the road on the right in a village called Cosgaya

I've stayed there a few times in the last 4 years and the high standard is always maintained. If my memory serves me right it's about €60 a room.

http://www.hoteldeloso.com/hotel3/

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

You take the road to Fuenta De and it's a few miles up the road on the right in a village called Cosgaya

I've stayed there a few times in the last 4 years and the high standard is always maintained. If my memory serves me right it's about €60 a room.
[/IMG]

Are there any bars in that Village too or are the nearest going to be Potes?

Seen a few people recommend this hotel.

Stayed at Hotel Infantado in the past and would go there again,clean, comfy,good food and there's basement parking if you ask but we didn't,for entertainment it's a 10 minute walk to the town of Potes where there are plenty of bars and eateries :beer:

http://www.accomline.com/hotels.reservations/Infantado_Hotel_OjedoPotes.htm

Have a good trip :thumb2

Do you recall how much single rooms were? each time I tried the online link it says no rooms of any type available, even when using different dates. Probably need to call direct.

Looks great Mark, do you have a waypoint for it?

web.jpg

Oy, that's my bike mister:D

great hotel but no nearby bars exept the one in the hotel,

Do you recall how much single rooms were? each time I tried the online link it says no rooms of any type available, even when using different dates. Probably need to call direct.

It's about 45 euro B&B per night in high season. I liked the place, I think the manager was trained by Basil Fawlty, which added to the charm IMO :D. His missus was nice tho', friendly & helpful.

Edit: This site seems to be taking bookings

Looks great Mark, do you have a waypoint for it?

Sadly I don't but it's so easy to find. You ride to Potes and then take the road to Fuenta De. The hotel is a few miles up the road on the right hand side, you can't miss it.

Looking on Google Earth it's
N43 06 545
w4 43 462

Hope this helps

Mark

Off road

Paradors - I can't get enough of them :D

Either Cangas de Onis or Fuente De....... (If you can get in)

And I'm sure you already know about the off road stuff in the Picos?

Let us know what you can about the off road stuff in the Picos :thumb2

the more info we have the better, even if we don't use it all.

Cheers, Piggers

Back
Top Bottom