Waypoints

red rocket

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can somebody please advise how you get to save your waypoints in the 1 to 16 categories I make a way point tick one of the boxes & then I loose it .
I guess the idea is to save them there to pick & use to make up future outes.

Only had the 2610 about 4 or 5 years :blast toured a lot of Europe but buggered if I've sorted that bit

:beerjug:R.R

I assume you mean in Mapsource.

Go to preferences and choose the Waypoint Category tab to give your categories meaningful names.

Define a Waypoint and open it. Click the More Details if necessary to bring up the list and tick which category you want.

The important bit. Before leaving Mapsource Go to File>Save and save the database as a GDB file.

Next time you open Mapsource go to File>Open to open the GDB file.

Not only do you have 16 categories but you can have a number of GDB files so, for example, you could have one for business and one for private or maybe have a new one for all your holiday planning.

If you mean on the 2610, I have a 2720 and on that go to Menu>Tools>My Data>Favorites>Categories>Add to define a new category. I guess the 2610 will be similar.

Then go to Tools>My Data>Favorites>Edit/Review Favoites to select a category. Easier and quicker in Mapsource though.

I assume you mean in Mapsource.

Go to preferences and choose the Waypoint Category tab to give your categories meaningful names.

Define a Waypoint and open it. Click the More Details if necessary to bring up the list and tick which category you want.

The important bit. Before leaving Mapsource Go to File>Save and save the database as a GDB file.

Next time you open Mapsource go to File>Open to open the GDB file.

Not only do you have 16 categories but you can have a number of GDB files so, for example, you could have one for business and one for private or maybe have a new one for all your holiday planning.

If you mean on the 2610, I have a 2720 and on that go to Menu>Tools>My Data>Favorites>Categories>Add to define a new category. I guess the 2610 will be similar.

Then go to Tools>My Data>Favorites>Edit/Review Favoites to select a category. Easier and quicker in Mapsource though.

Thanks for the reply yes mapsource 9 2610 I'll have another go & get back to ya lol

Back
Top Bottom