Book recommendation - "The Day the Devils Dropped In"

Twotter

Reaction score
I've just finished reading "The Day the Devils Dropped in: The 9th Parachute Battalion in Normandy D-Day to D+6: Merville Battery to the Chateau St Come" by Neil Barber.

549.jpg

Brilliant read and well worth a look if you come across it.

I'm visiting Normandy in May and intended to visit the Merville Battery anyway. This book has already had me looking at maps and plotting more places to visit in that area east of Pegasus Bridge.

"Up the Ox & Bucks"

"Ham & Jam "

You'll love it across the whole of the Normandy coast. Like me, you will return again and again.....
Dont forget Hill 112.:thumb

I've just finished reading "The Day the Devils Dropped in: The 9th Parachute Battalion in Normandy D-Day to D+6: Merville Battery to the Chateau St Come" by Neil Barber.

549.jpg

Brilliant read and well worth a look if you come across it.

I'm visiting Normandy in May and intended to visit the Merville Battery anyway. This book has already had me looking at maps and plotting more places to visit in that area east of Pegasus Bridge.
Cheers; now ordered.

"Up the Ox & Bucks"

"Ham & Jam "

You'll love it across the whole of the Normandy coast. Like me, you will return again and again.....

Onahi, it's WW1 but just in case you missed the thread this is well worth reading. :thumb2

"Up the Ox & Bucks"

"Ham & Jam "

Stopping off at Vimy Ridge and having a day on the Somme on the same trip. Went there in 2005 but am drawn back again to see some places I missed last time :augie

Also trying to ignore MikeP's WW1 trip :mmmm

No so funny for Ronno, though :blast

Ah - feck-im! :spitfire

Might have to give that book a coat of looking at - cheers!

Al :thumb

WW1 - World War 1. I just thought the book on the thread I was highlighting would be of interest to you. :thumb2

Oh Ok, cheers David:thumb
I thought you were saying what i posted was WW1:blast
It will indeed be of interest to me. but, I am not allowed to show what i am intested in (on here) as it is (apparently) an obsession :D
Both books are now on order :thumb2

Pegasus Bridge and Hill 112 and the mulberry harbour...

Attachments

• Normandy 05 050.jpg
    Normandy 05 050.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 161
  • Normandy 05 029.jpg
    Normandy 05 029.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Normandy 05 158.jpg
    Normandy 05 158.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 109
It will indeed be of interest to me. but, I am not allowed to show what i am intested in (on here) as it is (apparently) an obsession :D
A healthy obsession if you ask me. (At least you don't don an aircraft spotter anorak like me! :D)

Back
Top Bottom