Helicoils ... long shot

snoopy

Anyone in the local Newcastle region got a helicoil kit I can come and use? I've got two M6 threads which (aluminium) are shot, and I've got to stick a helicoil in both. I've never needed the kit before and don't see much point in buying the tool. Obviously I'll pay for threads.

Cheers. :thumb2

Hey Snoopy if ya don't have any joy let me know and I'll post ya my kit

BUT 2 things
#1) I only have M6 x 1.0 and they are only 12mm long so yo may need to get longer coils
#2) I need it back ASAP

Jay

My local fastner / machine shop repaired a worn thread in an ally caliper slider and machined a new slide pin for a fiver:) might be worth ringing any that are local to you:nenau I used Hawk Fastnings but they're in Middlesbrough.

I'd go and find out how much you can get one for,they don't cost that much and are worth their weight in gold.By the time you pay someone to do it,you could have bought your own kit

I'd go and find out how much you can get one for,they don't cost that much and are worth their weight in gold.By the time you pay someone to do it,you could have bought your own kit

i've got a mate here up in consett who could do it for you if you get stuck?

Cheers for all the offers and advice, I'll try and keep it local. I think the kits are about 30 quid, just I've never needed one in 15yrs of breaking things. :D

Can a 12mm helicoil fit a 20mm hole?

I prefer the Wurth Timesert (inserts ) they usually last better if fitted properly. I've had them done at Ian Bells Motorcycles in Bedlington before and they were reasonable

I prefer the Wurth Timesert (inserts ) they usually last better if fitted properly. I've had them done at Ian Bells Motorcycles in Bedlington before and they were reasonable

same as me, they're a lot better than the helicoil and a lot stronger too.

Back
Top Bottom