Touratech G650X Rallye

PaulXC

Reaction score
I see these shiny bits are now on the Touratech site. Not cheap though at £925 odd quid for a half fairing.

http://www.touratech.com/shops/008/index.php?cPath=20_136

Has anyone else ever noticed that the UK prices on the Touratech stuff are a good 10 - 15% higher than the Eurozone prices even at the poor E/£ rate we have at the moment. When the rate was pushing €1.48 / £1 last year the price difference was getting on for 20%.

This fairing for e.g. =

£924 €1238.16 UK in 17.5% vat
£848 €1,137.68 France inc 19.6% vat
£823 €1,103.44 Spain inc 19.6% vat
£820 €1,099.00 Germany inc 19% vat

Maybe its the cost of transporting but last time I looked Spain was further from Germany than the UK ........

Paul

:thumb
g650xdakar_parts.jpg

It's called greed!

It's called greed!

Just remember that not only are Touratech UK buying in euros from Germany and getting their trade discount, they then seem to add another amount as extra profit margin.

I priced a set of Wunderlich bar risers for my K1200GT which were around £80 inc vat in the German catalogue. Nippy Normans price was £135.

Aren't one of these companies being taken through the EU Courts for refusing to sell direct to customers in the UK, ie. breaking the EU free trade rules.

There's a rather long thread about Touratech UK and how their prices are inflated.

There are a couple of guys who have volunteered to buy in Germany and then post them to you if you want to save a few (or lots of) pounds.

I'd be interested in a pair of Excell wheels :cool
knowing bmw i can't imagine there being much of a price difference
between the oem's (Aprilia) and the Excells :rolleyes:

What a load of bull! How the hell does a piece of plastic and a bit of aluminium warrant £1k? The prices we are asked to pay are extortionate....

What a load of bull! How the hell does a piece of plastic and a bit of aluminium warrant £1k? The prices we are asked to pay are extortionate....

Dust off that fibreglass mould, knock 'em out at £500 a time and you'll be getting Branson asking to borrow cash from you I bet. ;)

And you know what? I might just do that after april... time is at a premium at the moment

I'd be interested in a pair of Excell wheels :cool
knowing bmw i can't imagine there being much of a price difference
between the oem's (Aprilia) and the Excells :rolleyes:

My bike has BEHR rims fitted to it (german), which are the same people that built the rims on my GSA.

Doubt i'll need to change these for a while!

My bike has BEHR rims fitted to it (german), which are the same people that built the rims on my GSA.

Doubt i'll need to change these for a while!

So does my Dakar, but they're really soft and dent easily just changing tyres :blast

Back
Top Bottom