Pyrenees Trip Booked - May Half Term, 3 nights hotel, 2 bikes, 4 berth cabin, £460

Bateman

Reaction score
Booked what I think is a great deal via Brittany Ferries Holidays for my annual quick trip around the mountains. The Holidays seem a cheaper route to take as they throw in a complimentary cabin. For £230 per person, for 2 people (1 each on a bike), we have:

Return journey Plymouth to Santander with 4 berth cabin each way at May half term
Three nights bed and breakfast in the Pyrenees (a place called Gavarnie) in a twin room
4 days playing in the mountains

Thats much cheaper than I could have done it riding down through france to the alps or the Pyrenees, and I save 1000 miles of motorway riding.

The way they book it is in 2 sections - first they book a "holiday" for one rider/motorcycle in a cabin with the 3 nights hotel (so that came to £370), then they book a rider/motorcycle only (no accomodation) which was £90.

I did get 15% off as part of an offer they were running but not sure if they are doing it now.

Reckon you did get a good deal there Bateman - there's six of us going down that way in May - our price for bike & rider sharing 2 berth cabin is £165 each one way (we're doing the short route back, as we're catching the MotoGP at Le Mans on our way home)

We're doing a couple of nights and a full days riding in the Picos, over the Pyrenees for a couple of days, with a night's stopover, then over by Perpignan to do French/Spanish Catalonia for a couple of days, then up to LeMans.

We sail on the 11th May, so if you see a mixed bag of BM K12's & Yamaha TDM's, give us a honk :thumb

There will be 4 or 5 of us on that ferry too heading for the Pico's:thumb

May (and thinking of Wales last year)

Bateman,
I thought that you prefered to camp near open sewers :D

I will be one of Squids Group (I hope my bike doesn't come back on home on trailer this time :blast)

Piggers

Bateman,
I thought that you prefered to camp near open sewers :D

I will be one of Squids Group (I hope my bike doesn't come back on home on trailer this time :blast)

Piggers

Hi Piggers, Given your exploits on the fords, I thought you may try and cross the bay of biscay on your bike....just steam in at Plymouth and surface in Spain? Who needs a ferry....

Which ferry are you on? The May 11th one or the May half term one (I think I am on the 25 may).

Have you been to the Picos before? I went last year and had a great time (see my trip report), but haven't done the Pyrenees before so fancy taking a trip there. :thumb2

Hi Piggers, Given your exploits on the fords, I thought you may try and cross the bay of biscay on your bike....just steam in at Plymouth and surface in Spain? Who needs a ferry....

Which ferry are you on? The May 11th one or the May half term one (I think I am on the 25 may).

Have you been to the Picos before? I went last year and had a great time (see my trip report), but haven't done the Pyrenees before so fancy taking a trip there. :thumb2

Hi Bateman,

We are going on the 11th May. I haven't been to the Picos before, but looking at your trip report I am looking forward to it.

I did the Fords run at the Hogroast last year and the bike didn't miss a beat and the fords were deeper and longer, so fingers crossed :thumb2

Cheers, Piggers

That ferry is going to be full of bikers.
There are seven of us going on the 11th.
I am the only GSer though. We have three 4-berth cabins reserved as part of the package. DO NOT ASK HOW OR WHY AS I AM NOT CERTAIN and I booked it.
Like Bateman the cost works out to be £230 each for ferry to Santander and back from Caen and two nights accommodation in the Picos.

A small tip though I found that Brittany Ferries had overcharged us by £75 as they charged for FIVE amendments @ £15 a time. That was on the initial booking so no amendments. They also used the same name for three of the bookings and made several other silly mistakes with addresses and spellings of names.

That ferry is going to be full of bikers.
There are seven of us going on the 11th.
I am the only GSer though. We have three 4-berth cabins reserved as part of the package. DO NOT ASK HOW OR WHY AS I AM NOT CERTAIN and I booked it.
Like Bateman the cost works out to be £230 each for ferry to Santander and back from Caen and two nights accommodation in the Picos.

A small tip though I found that Brittany Ferries had overcharged us by £75 as they charged for FIVE amendments @ £15 a time. That was on the initial booking so no amendments. They also used the same name for three of the bookings and made several other silly mistakes with addresses and spellings of names.
When I phoned up to book my holiday I asked for a 2 berth cabin. The lady said that the holiday bookings actually come with a complimentary 4 berth cabin, just for the 2 of us. However, I have received my confirmation now and it does say 2/4 berth cabin.

May 25th, half term, you bugger you've got me thinking now. That would be a very do'able first bike adventure for my 11 year old. Hardly any miles for us to Plymouth.

Just sent a text to his mum to see if she has any objections to him going away on his first bike trip before I go getting to carried away and booking anything.

Bateman that is seriously good.

I worked out the price for my lad and me to go and have 2 berth, bike, and 3 nights hotel in the Picos = £600+

Called and read out to the girl what you had typed, she said "arh", jiggled it about and the same crossing, bike with 2 people, same hotel, 4 berth = £382 :thumb2

Myself and two mates are heading in the same direction on the 18th May but sailing via Roscoff, the price including 4 berth cabin has worked out to be £115 per person.

Will be riding down the west coast and then over the hills into Spain. final destination is set for Mercier for a bike fest as one of the mates has an apartment there. After a few days of beer and bed set off on an alternate route back for Roscoff.

If you see a trio including 1200GS (me) plus Tiger and Varadero give a toot and we'll join you for a beer.

Back
Top Bottom