Anybody else in the UAE?

sanddancer

Reaction score
Been here about a month and hve seen no GS except the ones in the showroom - anybody else out here?!:cool:

You might jest but Bin Ladin construction are building a compound about half a mile from where I live.

If THE Bin Laden is here and he's got any sense he'll be blonde and have a pair of 38F's:cool:

I finally got round to taking a picture of the compound today but being a bit of a computer spack I can't work out how to attach it to this post (which is a bit of a blow because I risked life and limb to get the picture)

I'll have another bash at attaching it tomorrow - honest!

There are several of us here.

Hi there Sanddancer?? If you'r on the Hatta road at about six in the morning from now to 7th Jan you will see a guy on a Manderin GS1150 with Touratech boxes and a really neat sebring exhaust you will hear me before you see me. Tel number 050-6540981 lets go riding!! also a guy in Fuj with a GS1100 and at least 4 other guys in Dubai. give me a call, next days off start 14th Jan. Cheers Richard.:beer:

Just checked your profile does your name begin with J??? and your good at throwing TKC80 front tyres.?? if so Hi.

Hi Richard,

There are 2 of us in Damascus,Syria. Its a bit of a motorcycle waste land here,they are not allowed really,something to do with an assanation attempt 20 odd years ago no the president. Myself and Hans (Dutch) got ours in after much negotiating and using our diplomatic status. Saying that there is some good riding here and the people are very friendly. Its ok for tourists to enter Syria with a bike just need the normal carnet.Bit of a trek from UAE though. Funny you mention the Bin Laden co, we have an office 200m from our apartment and we also live next to the Iraqi Embassy although its under new management now!Are you going to the MotoGp in Doha ?

Cheers Duncan

Sorry that should have been addressed to Sanddancer as well,got so excited about my first post I didn't read the thread properly:stupid :stupid

Calling Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Tried to send a PM, but the site says you're not accepting them. I hope to visit Syria Oct/Nov. can you sugest places / accom / rides etc for me please?

Sorry this is short, but I've just got back from Japan this morning and I'm knackered.

Please PM me :)

Colin

Middle East bikers

Hey Sanddancer,
Just a quickie to start the bike rollin! I ride a black adventure on the east coast of Saudi. About 90 klicks south from the Kuwaiti border at a place called Safaniya. Having had the bike for a year now, I've been to Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, Riyadh and by bus...Bahrain (no bikes allowed over the causeway). Making plans to visit the MotoGP in Doha this October with other bikers from the kingdom.
The high temp. is killing me softly with its intensity and the only way to quench it is with a softie (or risk the lash).

Not much in the way of roads here, either left or right in a straight line. But fuel is cheap and the people friendly (thank god).

Also, anything planned for the Eid holidays?
:beerjug:

Hi RP,

I'm not around this month much at all - doing the summer in the UK thing as much as poss.

As far as planning ahead goes - I work for the airline so get about 7 days notice of what I'm doing for the next month - so pretty much unable to plan ahead.

If you're up this way best idea is just to post here and I'll see if I'm around.

Dubai GS ers!!!

Hi Sandancer,
Picked up my 1200 about a month ago. There are 4 1200's here.
And about 1/2 a dozen 1100/1150,s
Call me on 050 842 5008 if you want to go ridin.!

R.T.

Dubai

Hi Guys,

Reading this thread has cheered me up no end.

I'm due to relocate to Dubai in January.

I'd pretty much given up hope of riding a GS for the foreseeable, as most of the expat sites I have visited pretty much had motorcycling down as a non starter, mainly due to the heat!

I met Kylie from the World of BMW at the Princetown bash this weekend - told me about the Off Road Skill Courses and Safaris that BMW will be running in Dubai next year.

Hi Andy,
Look forward to meeting you mate. How was Princetown?, I went about 3 years ago on my 1150, top w/end.
You are right about the heat. When I picked my 1200 up at 6 pm on a Sunday in August and it was 42c.!!!
Yep goes a bit quiet June till Sept but early morns and evenings are tolerable. Night temps drop to teens in Dec till May.....stories of heated grips being turned on once.!!!!!
Big Harley contingent here and a big off road community. GS? well about 6 or 7 knocking about. Early Fri morning runs through the winter. Chris Green the M/C manager at BMW Mottarad here keeps things kicking along. Offroad BMW skills course ( like Wales) but in the Hatta Mntns. Staying at 5* Hatta Fort Hotel!!!
Give us a shout and we can B***S***T over a beer.
R.T. :beerjug: :cool:

A cool welcome to Dubai Andy,

There's also the 'Petrolheads' here; basically the whole biking community at the end of emailed events. The guys and gals recently helped me out with a 'charidee' bike ride to Hatta and beyond, with some 87 bikes from Dubai and around 20 from A.D turning up. It's a growing community and good fun too.

We've also got track days at the Autodrome with 'Californian Bike School' teachers on other training days. PLUS there's a 'Bike Week' in March that'll be fantastic.

And for when its too hot on the roads, you can get a secondhand off roader and blast away in the sand :)

Phew, welcome again. Send me a PM if you want more info

Merry Xmas

Colin

Bed for rent in the UAE

Riding to the UAE for the Eid holidays from 19-24 Jan. And looking to meet up with fellow GS's for a ride and a drink.

Somewhere to stay besides the Ritz-Carlton or Birge al-Arab.

And where can I buy an Arai XD (MX type) helmet?

Not forgetting someone to take my photos.

Mob. 0966 50 827 1119

Steve

Hey,

Does anyone of you know how much does the ferry cost for the person and the bike from Iran to UAE? And is the Carnet de Passage document essential for viechle entering UAE or not needed?

Mo, thinking about visiting UAE and Oman in 2005 september, but not acknowledged about the documents and ferry costs...

Thanks a lot for the link! Good web for seeing the highlights around there!

About ferrys - there's passanger tickets, but how much costs ticket for the bike? :confused:

Indeed, still i'm not sure does UAE and Oman requre Carnet de Passage document for the bike or not... :(

Eh, at least there's lot to see in Iran too meanwhile. :)

Mo

Rugged Path said:
Mo-Tech,
Visit www.irantravelingcenter.com
and all the info is there for you.
Ferries from Bushehr and Bandar Abbas going to Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait.

Back
Top Bottom