Autocom dongle / tomtom connection?

JDT

Have just bought the part 1276 (autocom bluetooth dongle) which is steadfastly refusing to pair with my tomtom rider. It connects perfectly with my phone, so I know the dongle works ok.

Despite having followed the autocom instructions (reset TomTom factory settings) , when the tomtom detects the autocom dongle it comes up with " Autocom dongle, the required features are not available" or something like that....

I also have latest firmware for tomtom, have tried contacting autocom (who are usually very helpful) and they've just said probably a problem with the tomtom.

Any one else had a similar problem.......

May be something odd with the Tomtom Bluetooth. My wife bought a Trust Bluetooth car kit to hear her Tomtom in the car. For a few months it worked perfectly - then it started giving the same message as yours. Sometimes we get the same message when trying to pair with a Cardo Rider but at other times it is OK.

We also have a mark 2 and that works with the Trust OK - but won't mate with the Tomtom dongle from the Mark 1.

It bugs me that Tomtom have not fitted an audio out to the Rider. It's daft having an Autocom fitted and then have to use radio to connect two bits of kit that are both bolted to the bike. A length of cable is about 5% the cost of a dongle. No pairing problems and works every time.

The electronics industry seems to have a love affair with Bluetooth and use it because they can, not because they need to.

cheers... and tell me about it ! Am perfectly happy with my tomtom (unlike many others), with the exception of the bluetooth. What on earth is wrong with a straightforward audio out with wires and stuff?

I know the autocom dongle is fine, cos that works perfectly with my phone, and as far as I can tell tomtom is fine, as it worked witperfectly h the supplied tomtom dongle, until it came of the bike at 100mph and got run over by ar behind, at which point it quite reasonably decided to stop working!

There was me thinking bluetooth was bluetooth, but can only think there are slightly different versions which sometimes don't work together ie tomtom and autocom

Having said that, if your cardo sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, I might just keep trying until a) they finally connect as one of b) I get bored and find something else to do!!!!!

thanks

JT

Just had the same issues with my Autocom/TT v2 the whole not regonised etc thing.
Went back and started the pairing feature on the Bluetooth dongle and everything is hunky dory?

The TT v2 regonised the Autocom but it wasn't able to pair until I got the LED flashing as described in the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Alan

I've got the autocom bluetooth dongle and the tomtom rider autocom 'dongle'
which plugs into the actual tomtom 'dongle'...lot of dongles in there...

Had similar problems but now works just fine! everything works as it should.
The tomtom dongle lasts for hours and hours, went out all day saturday, forgot it was on and it was still working when I got home at 6 on sunday.
Won't accept charge and run at the same time though.

I got a usb/car charger off ebay which plugs via an extended accessory socket into a standard car cigarette charger so I can charge phone/ipod/tomtom dongle and sometimes tomtom when the cack cradle does not want to work

autocomsetup2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom