Mac - Zumo - Windows help?

wildernessrob

Reaction score
Im sorry for this, as I know that here is quite alot of info about the subject, but could someone please give me the simple answer to my problem (complete computer technophobe:confused:).

I bought a Zumo 550 last April, excellent, but I havent updated any software since.

I recently bought a Mac laptop with the latest operating system on it, and it came with 'boot camp'.

I understand that I can’t connect the Zumo to the Mac, without getting a windows program.

Do I need a copy of XP or Vista, or a 'parallels?' system, (isn’t this bootcamp :confused:. Anyway what bits of software do I need and where can I buy them?

Sorry for my ignorance & thankyou for your indulgence. :thumb2

Now potato printing, thats more my thing:D

do a search for "bobcat" either here or on the garmin site. it's for running garmin mapping natively on a mac.

otherwise...

use either Bootcamp, Parallels or Fusion to enable you to run windows on your mac. you'll also need a copy of windows xp or vista.

or

get an old windows xp pc and use that. shouldn't cost much, you can't give the things away, i've tried.

Thanks for that Cookie, Ive just tried the "Bobcat" link, but the file looks like gobboldygook:nenau

Ive been looking on Amazon, to find a copy of windows XP or Vista, and there seems to some different options. Ive looked on ebay and it looks like I can get Windows Vista for just over £50.00.

Can anyone tell me if this looks like the correct spec -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEALED-Microsoft-MS-Windows-Vista-Home-Premium-UK-Boxed_W0QQitemZ310020115893QQihZ021QQcategoryZ147789QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks again.

Downloading Bobcat

Did you use Stuffit Expander to expand the file?

Back
Top Bottom