Hungarian Motorway Tolls

Invicta Moto

Reaction score
I was told that in Hungary they have a system where you had to pay for each motorway separately. We're staying on the south-west end of Balaton and wanted a (long) day trip to see Budapest and the M7 seems a good way to get there quickly...

After a search around the net I came across their official site and then "virtual vignette" where you can buy online and there isn't actually a need to have one stuck on the bike. ANPR?

Click here to go to the site.

I was told that in Hungary they have a system where you had to pay for each motorway separately. We're staying on the south-west end of Balaton and wanted a (long) day trip to see Budapest and the M7 seems a good way to get there quickly...

After a search around the net I came across their official site and then "virtual vignette" where you can buy online and there isn't actually a need to have one stuck on the bike. ANPR?

Click here to go to the site.

I think for motor bikes is free
In the summer last year I went to Romania and back and no one askt me for any money:nenau Just play stupid:D It helps:beerjug:
And if you still want to do that trip you can join me on 22 of August Londo to Budapest 12h.

been there by car a few times, but never paid, they use APNR cameras, to check wether you've paid or not, only ever seen them pointing forward, but its your call :rob

They also have spot checks as you leave the services on the highway - and if you are crossing non schengen borders such as romania and serbia.... Now they have the lower rates for a 4 day ticket for bikes - it is probally worth getting.

I admit that I sometimes dont bother if I am simply heading straight on say budapest to gyor - but take great care to have a quick check for the guys in yellow coats if I stop at the services.

Ohh they have speed cameras on te highway now from Vienna to Budapest! Forward facing though (most of time!!)

Gavin

I think for motor bikes is free
In the summer last year I went to Romania and back and no one askt me for any money:nenau Just play stupid:D It helps:beerjug:
And if you still want to do that trip you can join me on 22 of August Londo to Budapest 12h.

No mention of it being free on the Hungary website.

Is it If you have to pay you pay I dont pay if I dont get askt to pay
So are you up for a long ride with same of us in 22 of August
Look in SE section Black Sea ride.
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137787

The answer to that is er.... no. not free, by 22nd August will be in Bosnia, then loop back through Croatia.

The answer to my original posting is that the tolls are for all motorways not pay for each as had been suggested elsewhere.

Yep - single ticket covers all the highways....
And it is worth paying - only a few euro for a bike for 4 days...

Got caught out 2kms (about 2 weeks ago) before was going to stop at services to buy it... spot check - everyone off the highway through a layby... cost me 64 euro!!

When we went through a few weeks back we bought the Hungarian and Austrian passes at the same services in Hungary, and yes they are checked by APNR and manually at border crossings if you are unlucky, only the Austrian pass needed to be displayed:thumb2

Shep

When we went through a few weeks back we bought the Hungarian and Austrian passes at the same services in Hungary, and yes they are checked by APNR and manually at border crossings if you are unlucky, only the Austrian pass needed to be displayed:thumb2

Shep

I do like the idea of a nice sticker for my cash.... rather than book online and then have it confirmed on my phone!

Back
Top Bottom