What's the latest dealer news on G450X release/delivery?

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks.
Mainly aimed a dealer or inside informates.;)
Is there any talk of release dates for these machines?
Any information on the bikes will be gratefully received.

Timpo.

PS. A list of available optional extras would be nice........:thumb2

Pidcocks told me June and that they are looking into how to do test rides incporporating off road.

Was told at the Dirt Bike Show that they have full WMB two year warranty as long as they are not used off road :confused:

Andres

I'd heard the bikes aren't going to be out till July this year and the bike released then will be the 2009 model.

Get yourself a KTM Timpo you know it makes sense :cool:

Full WMB two year warranty as long as they are not used off road

The script that I was read is that the machine will have a lower tuned mode on release from the showroom, for two reasons, one to pass the Euro emission regulation limits, and two to have a restriction to reduce the likely hood of damage that would have to be honoured by warranty.
To release the bike from this lower tuned mode, there is a small wire loop in the loom that is cut, thus releasing all the real hore power available but the draw back is that the warranty drop to two months.
How does that sound?
And after having the above said to, there was only a 'June or July' time mentioned, no exact date. Hence me asking here.

Timpo.

That sounds like a good idea so you can have a nice quiet greenlaner with plenty of guts and no scary top end if you want...
Maybe I will buy one after all....

July

According to TMX today and I quote BMWs Tony Jakeman 'We have chosen the WEC GP of Wales to launch the G450X which will be available in dealers soon after the event. Its also the first time the BMW factory team will have competed in the UK'
The event at Llanidloes is on the 19/20 July. Sounds like another reason to go and watch.

According to TMX today and I quote BMWs Tony Jakeman 'We have chosen the WEC GP of Wales to launch the G450X which will be available in dealers soon after the event. Its also the first time the BMW factory team will have competed in the UK'
The event at Llanidloes is on the 19/20 July. Sounds like another reason to go and watch.

Muz, excellent information, thanks very much. Yes, a perfect time to go see/try/buy the machine.
Let's hope it does what is expected, this money is burning a hole in my hand.....and the DRZ is almost fecked.....:augie

Cheers.
Timpo.

I was told today at Pidcocks that the 'official' release date is 20th September and that they would have bikes in 2 or 3 days before that.

Andres

Yep. When I was in Bahnstormer yesterday talking about a 650XChal, I asked... "The 450 doesn't release til September does it?" to which I got a hesitant confirmation.

Dealer here said 'September' yesterday. Didn't ask what date as I've enough bikes in the garage already :blast

Back
Top Bottom